From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
The Archivist is a member of the Durmand Priory expedition found at the Ghostsummit camp in the Phasmatis Corridor that is looking for Ascalonian artifacts that will shed light on Ascalonian life before the Foefire.
- I always thought this would be a prime position, but it's so very dangerous out here. The Priory never told me it would be like this.
What are you looking for out here?
- We're searching for artifacts from the time of Adelbern's kingdom. There were
- Surely, you know about how the old king went mad and turned everybody in Ascalon City into ghosts? It was a black day for all of Tyria.
- Now I know. Thanks.
- Good luck to you.
- (If charr)
Poor little human!
- Don't be insulting. You're not out here fighting off the ghosts of your ancestors. Besides, truth be told, Adelbern would never had done what he did if your ancestors hadn't been killing everyone in sight.
We were taking back our land!
- Your land? I think not. It had been our land for long enough to build the city of Ascalon and for our people to settle the land. As far as I'm concerned, that makes it ours.
- And now you're out here scavenging graves? (Same as "What are you looking for..." above)
- You're wrong. I'm done talking to you.
- Humans. I'm tired of your excuses and tired of this conversation.
- (If not charr)
You never should have come here.
- You may be right. I never expected that the ghosts of our ancestors would attack us as well. As much as I respect the Priory's work here, I'm going to request a transfer to a different dig.
- What are you doing here, besides whining? (Same as "What are you looking for..." above)
The ghosts are mad at everyone, right?
- Actually, based on my friend's research, they believe we're charr. They can't see beyond the moment of their death, and so far as they can tell, we're all the invading charr army. It's quite distressing when you think about it. Can you imagine? Living your last day for all of eternity? Over and over?
- It is horrifying. Horrifying.
- I think you should. Good day.
- Do you have anything to sell?
- Good bye.