From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Arcanist Davworth protects the Cauldron of Searing from local charr villagers and the Flame Legion, so it can be studied by the Durmand Priory.
- If you're here to harass me about this cauldron, please don't. The Durmand Priory has declared its historical importance, so there's nothing I can do about it.
Wait, what cauldron?
- It's a Searing Cauldron. This one, or one quite like it, was used to destroy the humans that lived here in Ascalon more than two hundred years ago.
But this is still a weapon. Shouldn't it be destroyed?
- No matter the original purpose, the Priory would not simply discard such a rare artifact. I will defend it until it can be properly studied and catalogued[sic].
Defend it? Then someone's coming for it. Who?
- There are Flame Legion forces in the area that desire this cauldron. Because of that, the local village wants it destroyed before they end up in the cauldron's crosshairs.
Don't you find it just a little ironic that you're defending this thing?
- Why, because it killed my ancestors and broke the backbone of my entire race? I can't do anything about that now. But if we can learn from this cauldron, perhaps that would be worth the loss.
- Take care.
- I see.
- I see.
- How interesting.
- Sounds tough. Good-bye.
- After helping out with the event Kill the Flame Legion before they complete their ritual
- Thank you for helping me. Now, we just have to protect this ancient cauldron from the forces who want to use it for destruction.
- What's so important about this cauldron? (same as "Wait, what cauldron?" above)
- Glad to help.
- He is the author of the book Unending Autumn found in the Durmand Priory's Special Collections.