User talk:Aquadrizzt/Sandbox/Main Page/Lore
As per my comment here, I suggest making this a two-fold article. In essence, it can resemble gw1:Lore a good amount. That is, the first part will be a paragraph-with-pictures summary of the lore (not as long as unlike the GWW, the GW2W will only be covering 250 years, not thousands). The second part, at the bottom, would be links with images to important lore articles, akin to gw1:Lore#Further Reading. What comes to mind immediately for important links are:
- The Movement of the World and the other official lore documents (The Ecology of the Charr, A Spirit of Legend, etc.) - alternatively, we can create a directory for those articles.
- Tyria (world)
- And, for when it has more information, Languages of Tyria and a gw2w version of gw1:Religions of Tyria and perhaps if deemed necessary gw1:Governments of Tyria
- I had some free time so I decided to rekindle this idea. IMO portals should be a central location for bunch of links related to a general topic (i.e. Lore). However, I feel that smallish descriptions (a couple of 2-3 sentence paragraphs) of each article, or group of things helps significantly.
- As to my current design: I'm not sure I want to implement the right column, but I want your opinion on the left one. Aqua (T|C) 21:31, 10 October 2011 (UTC)
- Well, regarding notable figures... that's rather blank atm, and I'd rather go with races rather than individuals personally - there's likely to be a lot of figures, too many if one were to stick with "2-3 sentences." Regarding the left side - or perhaps both sides - I think it'd be best to use fan-made articles in the long run. Mind you at the moment that's pretty much no articles, but eventually we should have a handful of centralized lore articles to put there.
- If the idea of having the verbatim articles on the portal is kept, they should be reworked, imo, to match The Wisdom and Power of the Kodan - that is, images placed in them as they were in the original source. In turn the image on the portal would be one actually seen in the article.
- Thinking on it though... gw1:Lore serves the exact purpose I rather see for this, but slightly different - I would see a lore portal as talking about lore in general than offering links to more specifics just as the gw1 article for lore does (except that's wtf huge due to there being 1,000+ years of history from three different continents being summarized). Konig/talk 21:45, 10 October 2011 (UTC)