- Thanks for the tip, I would definitely try it out to see if the problems I had were fixed, but it seems like it is unfortunately not yet available for my OS so I can't test it at the moment. If I'll get on Win XP sometime I will be sure to check it out! ***EAGLEMUT*** TALK 22:26, 6 August 2010 (UTC)
- I want to let you know that I don't mind as I state on the page: "Note: If you like some of them or they inspired you, feel free to use them. All of them are from my head and were not (at least intentionally) copied from someone else." ***EAGLEMUT*** TALK 08:33, 23 August 2010 (UTC)
I burst out laughing...
...when I read this: "So, basically, getting to the destination across 2 pages(also back and forth repeatedly) is better than going over 0 pages. gg". Everyone was looking at me funny. Venom20 15:35, 26 August 2010 (UTC)
- Hahah, good to hear you're having fun ;) ***EAGLEMUT*** TALK 15:38, 26 August 2010 (UTC)
- I think it is always good to have fun. Some times these debates can stress people out. Venom20 16:26, 26 August 2010 (UTC)
"(Let's hope we can have more letters in GW2)"
- Yep I've noticed that, but I'd say there is still a chance it might be more in the final game :P Anyways, thanks for the heads up, guess I'll have to think of some shorter names as well in any case.. ***EAGLEMUT*** TALK 20:03, 29 September 2010 (UTC)
Just wanted to say thanks for remembering to sign me and sorry for forgetting to do that myself. <_< Mediggo 16:54, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for the Event infobox update. I also wanted to apologize for any inconvenience caused by the setup of the Heart infobox—after some consideration (and reflection that there are 268 hearts in game and growing), I thought that perhaps its own infobox was warranted to take account of how many different components it actually had from events (and in turn, hopefully simplify the number of considerations you would have to make on your side for Events). An additional impetus was that from the get-go hearts and events have been a confusing issue in that they have been often handled, erroneously, interchangeably; I wanted to at least try to avoid having any further issues of Hearts being categorized in Events instead of their own category. I hope this explanation helps clarify its creation, and if you notice any missing parameters or other ways to improve the Heart infobox, please feel free to do so. :) Redshift 16:14, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
- No inconvenience at all. Actually, I am glad the Heart infobox was made rather sooner than later - right now it's still easy to change anything. I've been recently thinking about this myself, perhaps the way of merging all these event-like tasks into one infobox was not such a good idea. Do you think the skill challenges should have their own infobox made as well? I just can't think of anything different we'd put in there, but maybe you do. :) ***EAGLEMUT*** TALK 06:27, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
Location "correct format"
Hey there, in your edit summary here, you said you "corrected format" by putting events and hearts in their own respective sections. So I'd like to ask two things:
- Where is this ever stated to be the "correct format"?
- Why should the Renown Hearts be under their own section when there will only ever be one or two at most? Similarly, the question can also go to Points of Interest, skill challenges, and Waypoints, the latter two being seldom more than 2 (let alone one) and the first rarely more than three (but can become up to 5 to our current observations, though this is only in home instances). Would it not be easier to format those four, that is PoI, waypoints, skill challenges, and hearts, under one section so as to not clutter the Table of Contents as well as not have unnecessary large section headers with only one (on average) line?
I personally find the set up I created on Godslost Swamp to be most efficient, as it is a single section for 1-3 lines of information. Mind you, on explorable zone level locations, as opposed to area level locations like Godslost Swamp and Mafic Core, these things should get their own section (exception: PoI and Waypoints seem most efficient grouping with areas). Konig/talk 12:26, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
- Indeed I have wrongly formatted the article as a zone instead of area. Sorry for the error, I will revert the formatting unless you beat me to it. ***EAGLEMUT*** TALK 12:33, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
- Personally, I'd like to see icons with those listings, but that's just me. —Dr Ishmael 13:21, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
- I updated Godslost Swamp with icons as a demo (I'm not sure which of the event icons the event should use, so I left that part alone). I also re-ordered them to follow the order shown on the map since there's no obvious order when they're just icons. I don't think it looks great like that, but it probably just needs a few style improvements to make it so. —Dr Ishmael 17:38, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
- Eh, I felt they were redundant with the icons. Although... maybe instead of what I did - putting an icon with each item - restore the headings and put the icons with them? So there's only 1 instance of each icon. That wouldn't seem as redundant, I don't think. —Dr Ishmael 17:51, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's it. I made a small tweak to make all the list items indent and line up properly. —Dr Ishmael 18:42, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
- I disagree with the aggregation of events, skill challenges, and hearts under 'Locations'—these items simply aren't as such, and there are other solutions to efficiency outside of grouping things under one heading. For events, at least, I think they will be numerous enough to merit their own heading even for an area, and the skill challenge and hearts could be placed together under another heading. This, however, should really continue over at Guild Wars 2 Wiki talk:Location formatting, where there has already been talk of zone- and area-level formatting and we could always use more suggestions and discussion. Redshift 06:39, 19 June 2012 (UTC)