From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
My ideas on the concept of Guild Wars mounts:
- Mounts should not give a permanent speed buff.
- Mounts should be hard to obtain.
- Mounts should change the skill bar.
- Mount skill bars should only contain defensive skills.
- While mounted you shouldn't be able to use your non-weapon skills.
- While in a form it shouldn't be able to ride a mount.
- Mounts should only be above water.
- Mounts can't fly.
Ideas for skills
- "Run like the wind!" - Gives your mount a temporary speed boost.
- Flee - Causes fear on self, gives temporary speed boost.
- Dismount - Decreases armor for the time you use to dismount.
Ideas for mounts
- Horses - Yes, horses
- Dolyaks - Ridin on mah ox!
- A cart pulled by a race like... Skritt, I guess asuras would do too if they must... - because I always wanted to be served by lesser creatures.
- An Oakheart - Hobbitz on an ent
- A bear - not just a bear, a bad-ass motherfuckin bear.
- A sled pulled by wolves - I love Iditarod
- Large turtle - no not the giant luxon thingy, just a large one that could carry a person