From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- What brings you to Yak's Bend, stranger? We're not a large settlement, nor a safe one.
If it's so dangerous, why are you here?
- Because we're too stubborn to leave. Yak's Bend is supposed to be a trading post, but until Rime Moraine is safe for travelers, we have no trade route.
I see. And why isn't it safe here?
- We're often visited by grawl raiders, and Sons of Svanir. We can handle the grawl, but the Svanir come to us recruiters instead of attackers.
What do you mean?
- The Svanir are trying to bolster their numbers. They promise us protection and strength, and many find their offer hard to resist.
- That's unfortunate.
- Sounds tough. Hang in there.
- Things will work out. See you.
- I'm just passing through. Good-bye.