Tatli is the hylek leader of the Hazupl tribe, as well as Cueyatl's father, found in Quetzal Bay, south of the Hazupl Grounds. He is wary of outsiders, but his trust can be gained (and by proxy, the Hazupl made friendly) by aiding his daughter and helping to protect the tribe's village.
- After helping Cueyatl escape the krait
- I may allow you into our camp, but I don't trust you for a second. We'll see how well your supposed virtues hold when tested. I have no doubt you will run like all before you.
- After helping to defend the hylek of Hazupl Grounds
- In the past, outsiders condemned my people to suffer, but now they've become our saviors. I'm sorry, but I can't trust you. I hope you prove me wrong.
What happened to make you so untrusting?
- My family was taken during a krait attack. We were sheltering outsiders, and we offered them protection. During the battle, they turned their backs on us.
Tell me about the krait.
- The krait are murderers. They prey upon my people, taking captives and working them to death. Before they came, these shores were peaceful.
What do you mean "before they came"?
- The krait haven't lived here long. They used to dwell deeper in the depths, but something drove them to the surface. I don't know what, and in all honesty, I don't want to find out.
- Thank you for the talk.