- These don't appear to have a reliable drop/farming location, though I've personally seen them drop from the Weyandt's Revenge jumping puzzle in Lion's Arch - but only if you're within the level range (about 30-45). Otherwise you get a different level of doubloon or, more likely, regular jewels. 18.104.22.168 23:04, 11 March 2013 (UTC)
- Just gotten one from Maw chest with a lvl 33 character. Howellq (talk) 20:45, 15 March 2014 (UTC)
I don't think these drop from packages
The page states that these fall from packages, but I don't think they do. Miner's Bags do drop Copper, Gold and Platinum Doubloons, but silver doubloons have never been documented as being dropped from them. Since they are ingredients for legendaries, perhaps anet took them out of the bag loot table. --Moto Saxon 01:19, 3 September 2013 (UTC)
- I have gotten them from one of the skritt bags.22.214.171.124 01:23, 3 September 2013 (UTC)
I have gotten a silver doubloon 3 times in a row from jumping puzzle chests on a level 31. Seems to be a good way to farm them (just camp that character at the end of the puzzle and open it once per day) Update: the character that I was doing this on just hit 38 and started getting Gold Doubloons. Apparently that is the threshold for Silver/Gold drops. sorry for no signature. :(
I recently had my thief reach level 37 and he just a gold doubloon. Silver is at least maximum of 36, unless at 37-38 there is a chance of both dropping. 126.96.36.199 20:21, 2 January 2014 (UTC)
- I wouldn't rule out a chance of both dropping without some more data points. Psycho Robot (talk) 21:12, 15 March 2014 (UTC)
- I checked this for a long while (weeks at least) on a couple of magnificent chests. The lv21-35 characters always got silver doubloons, the lv20s always got copper and the lv36 always got gold. It's as conclusive as we can be without Anet confirming it themselves. Simooshy (talk) 10:31, 20 August 2014 (UTC)
week 7 has silver doubloons in lornar's pass 188.8.131.52 21:36, 8 May 2016 (UTC)
Week 3 has silver doubloons in Snowden Drifts. --184.108.40.206 23:50, 4 June 2016 (UTC)
Drop Chance Research
- 7.23% is between 1/13 and 1/14, and since there are 13 different possible drops the upgrade component drop at level 21-35 (5 Marks, 7 Gemstones, and the Silver Doubloon), it seems that each of the different upgrade components/gemstones have about an equal chance of dropping (so Silver Doubloons, though higher item rarity and value, does not seem to have any explicitly defined rare chance.
- The research used to figure these numbers was based on the results of looting 264 Magnificent Chests, from which I got 73 Silver Doubloons; Magnificent Chests grant two upgrade components/gemstones per time looted. I assume, but am not sure, that each type of chest has the same chance of dropping Silver Doubloons per upgrade components/gemstone drop (which would be about an equal chance from all options in the upgrade component/gemstone pool).
It is possible, when looting chests that have more than one upgrade components or gemstones that drop per time looted, to acquire multiple of the same drop, which includes Silver Doubloons. If you want to farm them, make sure you farm chests with more upgrade component/gemstone drops.
- Splendid Chests, Grand Chests, and Magnificent Chests are all have scaling loot and give two of these drops per time looted, so they are good ones to use for the purpose of farming.
- I moved this here from the main page. If you want some more information on Silver Doubloon, a while back I made an extensive lookup into SD, and other people helped out here. -Darqam (talk) 16:38, 25 July 2016 (UTC)
- Usually drop rate statistics are made into a drop rate subpage. I wonder what all User:Pittcrew1 has numbers for. SarielV 20:13, 25 July 2016 (UTC)
- @SarielV I was only concerned about the drop rates for the doubloons, just because I hadn't see research at the time, or a definitive percentage. I would have done research on the entirety of the Magnificent Chest loot drops, but I had started the process with some items already in-hand from prior lootings, so it wouldn't have been accurate unless I had spent much more effort recording things exactly. I mean first and foremost, I was doing this to get doubloons, above the research, and then I decided to take a look at the drop rates afterwards since I did have all of the data recorded for that. --Pittcrew1 (talk) 10:47, 26 July 2016 (UTC)
- I was under the impression that below level 25, you received a mix of the tier below. SarielV 05:51, 5 November 2016 (UTC)
My own findings so far are 75 Doubloons out of 457 chests (914 upgrade components) for a percentage of ~8.2% (adjust slightly downward for a couple of missed entries).
Lvl 80 Character Drop
One of my level 80 characters received one from the Not So Secret Jump Puzzle Chest. As far as I recall, no character outside level 21-35 range had gotten one previously. Separ (talk) 04:23, 16 June 2017 (UTC)