Rewards section needs attention
Someone tried to tell me the other day that you get resource nodes in your home instance from completing the personal story. That is obviously false (Anet wouldn't be selling them for gems if everyone got them for free), but I would like to know specifically what changes are made to the home instance by the PS. The article says, "The choices made throughout the game will affect the appearance and services in the character's home instance as they progress through the story."
I only have one character, human, and absolutely the only change the PS made to my home instance is that there are now a half dozen non-interactive Hylek squatting in the park next to one of the merchant booths. There are no merchants who were not there before, everything looks the same, there are no NPCs who were not there before. What exactly is supposed to change as the result of doing the PS? I found today a separate exit that leads to the cemetery, but that may have been there before and I just never noticed it. 188.8.131.52 20:00, 24 September 2016 (UTC)
- According to Home_instance#NPCs you get a new NPC when you join an Order (Level 30 chapter) and when you complete Retribution (Level 60 chapter). There might be more details buried in other wiki pages -- I agree that it'd be nice to gather them all into one place. - Temerity (talk) 18:15, 21 October 2016 (UTC)
Moving the Page
In regards to it being moved, Chieftain Alex is against it and I also say no to moving it due to how it's referred to in game. If you look under the Hero achievement tab, all of the achievements have it as "personal story" not "Personal Story". It's also not inconsistent as it appears, as "Living World Season 1" (and additional numbers) is a name/title of an addition to the game and "Personal story" is not, it's just a header. - Doodleplex 19:04, 29 September 2016 (UTC)
Not sure if it can easily be incorporated but somebody posted a great graph of all the connections between the personal story steps and I thought I'd share it: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/85l5d2/personal_story_flow_chart/
- Per this discussion we originally had a chart on the personal story page. If we chose to display a chart, it would be there, and not here, if anywhere since this is just an archived wiki project to document dialogue for the core personal stories. -Chieftain Alex 19:13, 20 March 2018 (UTC)
- I moved the conversation here for better visibility. My two cents: I'm not a fan of how our text overview looks, but for a text-based medium it does its job. I do believe that a picture can more accurately portray the relationship between the stories, and would benefit many.
- How it can be incorporated onto the page is something I'm not sure about. At a minimum it can be linked to in the "See also" section, or put as a small thumbnail after the preamble in "Story chapters". Other thoughts or suggestions would be lovely. G R E E N E R 05:41, 23 March 2018 (UTC)
- I'm not sure about this chart. On one hand a graphical representation would be great. But this chart is huge and hard to display and this one has also highlighted some specific missions (I assume these are the missions the person who created this chart has done already) and for this wiki a neutral one (like the old chart) would be better. Balwin (talk) 13:34, 24 March 2018 (UTC)