Talk:Hammer of the Three Realms Skin
While it has been suggested that perhaps the three realms might pertain to the Three Kingdoms of Chinese History and is certainly plausible. The original names Wei, Shu and Wu are also referred to on the GW1 Wiki under Weh no Su meaning "to be closer to the stars" or to become Ascended and therefore able to enter the Realms of the Gods.
- Becoming Weh no Su allows one to see the spirits of the dead, hence the Underworld as the Realm of the Dead and Grenth.
- Fissure of Woe was also a prominent Realm previously associated with Balthazar.
- The Realm of Torment was where Abaddon was banished to and all 3 were accessible from 3 continents - Tyria, Cantha and Elona.
Lady Elyssa 18:51, 16 February 2021 (UTC)
- The Realm of Torment wasn't accessible from Tyria or Cantha, just Elona. GW2 introduces Melandru's Lost Domain realm, and it's indicated that Dwayna and Lyssa have their own realms too. In addition there are other realms, such as the gw1:Great Forge, gw1:Sky Above the Sky, and gw1:Eternal Paradise (which is speculated by some to be Dwayna's realm due to nature of name). There's no relation between the hammer and the god realms - which do not number in three, even if we just limit to "those we visit" since that's actually 4 - other than Weh no Su's purely mechanical restriction, but there's no connection between Weh no Su and the hammer except the Celestial design. It makes it a stretch to connect the hammer to the realms since you're connecting it through two intermediaries, and even then, the number 3 never actually comes into play without ignoring key details. 126.96.36.199 18:58, 16 February 2021 (UTC)
- Thanks for the correction on the Realm of Torment and sharing some GW1 Nostalgia. I suppose it depends on how granular the definition of each realm is and not sure that I would consider the afterlife to truly be realms, as are not realms usually considered to be places that are ruled? I would presume that the afterlife areas would be an extension of the God Realms themselves, much like how the Mad King's Realm is from the Underworld. Lady Elyssa 19:24, 16 February 2021 (UTC)