Talk:Box o' Fun
Not too sure if anyone else found on of these. I ran into it in the Village of Shaemoor, just beside the trading post NPC's. There was no description, I made it up. I also made up Caithe. Truthfully, I just clicked the box and there I was. Thought I screenshotted it, but I cannot find it now. The Snowball is accurate, though I cannot find those screenshots either. Although once I used the skill, I was able to then direction the snowball at another player. It caused knockdown, heh. Venom20 15:10, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
- See the last image in this blog post. Some people had spammed a bunch of them in the Ashford shard I was in for the finale. —Dr Ishmael 15:16, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry I missed the finale then. Sounds like it was quite the party. Venom20 15:25, 11 June 2012 (UTC)
The name of the item in the gem store is Evon Gnashblade's Box o' Fun and the interactive object that spawns in the world is named Box o' Fun, but having separate pages for the item seems unnecessary. Should they be merged, and if so, under what name? -- Nineaxis (talk) 01:31, 30 June 2012 (UTC)
So what's the purpose of these? I got one and after several minutes of time wasting with it, the amount of fun I got from it was about the same number of cups of tea that it made for me. Having had no fun and no cups of tea I decided to leave it alone, go and get a cup of tea and carry on having actual fun in the game. Am I missing the point of these stupid things? What are they for? Stu (talk) 09:18, 14 July 2013 (UTC)
- No reason, just another thing that you can do in this game, or craft a gift of entertainment. Personally I find them amusing from time to time, but currently the archivement reward stystem make them a bit excessive.- Yandere 12:19, 14 July 2013 (UTC)
- On this very note, I added a recipe call on the page. Perhaps realizing they're part of a legendary recipe will reduce spam a little. Azure Fang (talk) 22:58, 16 July 2013 (UTC)
- The spam will soon die off when people have used up their current AP rewards. I personally find boxes of fun really handy for the daily costume brawl; everyone can do their daily and saves their own mystery tonics. Laale Kuningatar (talk)
Box o' Fun Revisited:2017
There seems to have been transformations added. I've added a few and put verification needed tags on a few. I've never seen Caithe or a Bandit as a transformation, and as it's only mentioned on this talk page as part of the initial game launch, I'm predisposed to think it was a 1 time thing. I did around 50 transformations and didn't get the Jackalope either, but I'm pretty sure I've transformed into it before using a Box. I wondered if I was perhaps confused with the Super Adventure Box o' Fun, but that box has much less information listed than the standard. I'm regretting that SAB just ended. --Rain Spell (talk) 01:33, 22 April 2017 (UTC)
Just recorded two sessions with the boxes I had. The first I was also testing the assignment durations when using the owner skills, so I've provided a timestamp to skip to where I began testing just the transformations.
13 Minutes of Transformations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuyzCvlfE64
15 Minutes of Box o' Fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Xqkbk3lU8 (transforms start at 8:40)
Between these two sessions, I could only account for the following transformations: Blue Ooze, Fern Hound, Brimstone Imp, Pink Moa, Pig, Corrupted Ice Elemental, Stag (not a Deer, which was originally shown on the page), Golem, and Skritt (9 different transformations). All of these transforms occurred at least 5 times each during my recorded trials. I've placed verify tags on the remaining ones due to their uncertainty.
That was with over 100 transforms. My next test is just to double check that these do not transform differently in other regions. I figured I could try one in the Shiverpeak Mountains and perhaps somewhere in both PoF, and, HoT to try and get some variance in there. If nothing with that, though, (and assuming the list isn't frequently updated or something) I don't believe there's anything else the box can transform you into other than what I've listed here (with the videos to show). --FreeSnow (talk) 16:59, 5 April 2019 (UTC)