Malchor the Sculptor
Malchor the Sculptor
And again, Dwayna, and again, and again, until I have captured your beauty, you. You will be mine! You will be MINE!
According to an old legend, Malchor was a great Orrian artist who was commissioned to carve statues of the Human Gods. After he was done carving their statues, the gods shut themselves away from mankind in Arah. Malchor had fallen in love with Dwayna and, despite being blinded by the gods' radiance, he was still able to finish her statue last as he had memorized her before losing his sight. Malchor could not stand thinking he would never see his beloved goddess again, so he threw himself into the ocean and drowned after Dwayna's departure. The site of his death became known as Malchor's Leap, and each year until the Cataclysm, Orrian maidens would wreath the rocks with flowers in memory of the famous sculptor and his loss. Sailors used to say that the steeples along the Orrian Veil were Malchor's hands reaching out of the sea toward the heavens, trying to touch the gods that left him behind so long ago.
- Malchor's Leap
- Drive Malchor to the Altar of Tempests (79) [Group Event]
- Defeat the possessed statue of Dwayna (79) [Group Event]
- Feeding Frenzy - Gained at 30% health.
- Claw - Claw at your foe.
- Kick - Kick your foe.
- Stolen skills
- Malchor's story is rooted in the Pygmalion and Galatea myth.
- It is speculated by many that Malchor is the father to Grenth. Grenth was born a half-god, his mother being Dwayna and father was a mortal sculptor; this is one of the greatest secrets of the Church of Grenth. Additionally, it was said that Grenth rose where his father fell—both Dhuum's Last Stand (where the mantle of the godhood was transferred onto Grenth) and Sculptor's End are located within Malchor's Leap. More tellingly, the written words on the Statue of Grenth were changed during Living World Season 1; the text was originally attributed to Malchor but was changed to Desmina.
- ^ Guild Wars 2: le Détroit de Malchor, Guildwars2.mondespersistants.com (Archived)
- ^ Orrian History Scrolls: The Tragedy of Malchor
- ^ Ask Anna #5: Who Wrote the Malchor Skill Challenge?, AnnaMegill.com
- ^ Cathedral of Silence Priestess Rhie: Grenth is Dwayna's son, but only half-god. His father was a mortal sculptor, but that is one of the greatest secrets of our church.