Infected Crops are crops infected by plague bearing Scarabs found on the fields of Arkjok Farmlands and can be burned by using the Torch Strike skill of a torch picked up from a nearby Campfire to progress the Respond to the food shortage in Arkjok Farmlands heart. Infected Crops are identical to the regular crops on the field at first and are only revealed once the player moves close to them. They will become targetable objects with a health bar once revealed and play an animation of scarabs emerging from the crop and a sound effect.
- The torches in the area lack the Throw Torch skill of similar bundles and only give access to Torch Strike.
- Any weapon or utility skill that inflicts burning will burn crops.
- Burning Infected Crops while sparing uninfected ones gives players access to Debbie's Cakes from Clanmarshal Sana after completing the heart.
- If no healthy crops were burned, you may buy 3 cakes from her.
- If 1-2 healthy crops were burned, you may buy 1 cake from her.
- If 3 or more healthy crops were burned, you may not buy any cakes from her.
- If this was done during the Guns, Germs, and Steal mission, your daily allotment of cakes will be mailed directly to you instead of being purchasable from Sana.