From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Distant Oracle is a kodan found in Blue Ice Shining who can teach travelers about the way of the kodan.
- We travel south on Blue Ice Shining in search of more peaceful lands—lands not subject to Jormag's thrall.
- (if character wasn't taught yet, resets after logging off)
Can you teach me about balance?
- I can try. Bobbing along on a turbulent sea is a small ice floe. A bird perches on it, working hard to maintain its footing, going so far as to peck the ice to make it less slippery. Is there balance?
The sea is always in balance, isn't it?
- No, nothing is "always in balance." The sea faces turbulence and imbalance the same as anything. You must think deeper on the nature of balance and what it means.
The ice floe seems like it must be balanced.
- Not bad, though it's a simple riddle we use to challenge our young. The ice floe withstands pressure from all sides. Though it may eventually be worn down, it maintains with calm dignity.
The bird is keeping its footing. It's in balance, right?
- The bird? Who works so hard to keep its footing that it damages another? Your understanding is limited. You're not ready for our teachings.
- I don't have time for this.
- Good luck with your search.
- How may I aid you?
- Koda's blessings upon you.
- Time is precious, like new fallen snow.
- I greet you like the sky greets the sea.
- All things, in the end, will find balance.