Aria Venom is a powerful human necromancer, generally found at Black Haven fort in Kessex Hills. Although she can be perceived as cold and insensitive, she is in fact simply an intellectual who is pursuing to further her mastery of necromancy, and her actions prove that she cares. She protects the people in the area from Draithor, a powerful Harathi necromancer who hungers for more magical powers by experimenting in the most barbaric ways on human merchants captured and brought to his domain, just east of the fort.
If Draithor succeeds in taking prisoners despite player efforts, he will experiment on them and kill them. Aria will then go and collect their remains in order to resurrect them as flesh golems, because from her point of view as a necromancer, it is the right thing to do, and is also giving the dead captives a chance for revenge by fighting with them against Draithor. If some of the merchants escape capture and find Aria, she decides to finish with Draithor once and for all during Help Aria Venom slay Draithor the Drill.
- Take remains from Draithor's Demesnes to Aria Venom (16)
- Help Aria Venom slay Draithor the Drill (16) [Group Event]
- Your blood intrigues me. Unrestrained, uninhibited, and yet ultimately unrefined... When you eventually succumb to deficiencies, please leave your blood in my care. It would be quite useful.
- Be seein' you, then...
- Speaking to her during Help Aria Venom slay Draithor the Drill
- Draithor must be slain for his acts against the trading company. Fight by my side—if you aren't afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Talking to her after defeating Draithor
- You helped deal with Draithor admirably. Not with what I'd call great skill or unerring nerve, but alas, when surrounded by weaklings, solid effort must be applauded.
Tell me about Draithor.
- Harathi don't generally practice magic; they prefer the physicality of earthen technologies. Draithor, though... He craves magic in every form. He hungers for it without ever understanding it.
Tell me more.
- Draithor's cravings blind him to the power he's gained. He conjures beasts comparable with those of veteran necromancers, but he believes he has no magic at all. The thought of it is depressing.
- That's enough. Good-bye.
- That's enough. Good-bye.
- Uh, thanks. I guess.
- Compared to other NPC allies, Aria is possibly the most powerful NPC ally in the game. Whereas all other NPC allies, including legendary-ranked ones, will generally die under the slightest pressure, Aria is able to withstand a prolonged fight (and possibly win) against a champion necromancer, minions and all, practically all by herself (and the help of the flesh minions she summons).
- This character was named after Emily Orange's character from the original Guild Wars, who met ArenaNet employees as part of a Make-A-Wish Foundation wish.