Click to enlarge.
Adnul Irongut is a norn located near the back of Hunter's Hearth. He provides entry to the Belcher's Bluff activity and possesses the Critique signature move, which damages an opponent when using Bluff for the next three turns, which, upon his defeat, will become available for future Belcher's Bluff activities.
Adnul will drink a lot of water and rarely belches. A general tactic is to wait until he belches and lie through your teeth as it were for the next three turns. This will bring him down to half health. After that, it's important to cancel his healing. While calling him out on a bluff is good, he'll drink water more than he'll bluff, so it's usually better to reset the heal cooldown than the bluff. Recommended skills are Woo and For Science.
An aternative strategy is to choose Boast and use bluff, blech, drink water and drink in this order of priority. When hitting 3000 HP use boast. With a little luck, you should finish him then.
- Does my omnomberry juice dispenser intrigue you? I'll give you a hint. It's for a game called Belcher's Bluff.
- I challenge you!
Can you tell me about the other masters?
- There. I've sent you a pamphlet that describes our order and locations.
What is Belcher's Bluff?
- Belcher's Bluff is a game of determination and deceit. Drinking this vile substance is detrimental to your health. Drink as much as you can, but be careful: whoever loses their stamina first concedes the match.
What are we drinking?
- Raw omnomberry juice, chilled to sour perfection. The omnomberry grows only in Orr and is disgusting until cooked. Heat removes the toxins, but chilling it- oh, it makes for an entertaining game.
Can I bluff?
- To win, you'll have to! You can fake a sip, but if your opponent catches you... well, that's another challenge entirely.
They can punish me?
- Let loose a fearsome belch, and you punish an opponent who's not drinking as they should! Just be careful- once you belch, you'll have to drink three more times before you can belch again.
Can I drink anything other than juice?
- Water is allowed, but only every four turns. If you can get away with it, it can put you ahead of the game. Additionally, it counts towards your drinks and your ability to belch!
- I get the gist.
- I'll be back.
- When starting a match
- My gut reigns supreme!
- When the player is punished
- I saw that! Seems your petty palate is already overwhelmed!
- When using Critique
- Let's take a moment to appreciate this blend's bold undertones.
- On low health
- Pace yourself, or you'll miss the the subtle flavors in each sip!
- On win
- Hah! Looks like someone couldn't handle that unadulterated taste sensation.
- On loss
- I...I was distracted by the smokey flavor and...smooth finish. (choking cough)