API talk:List of wrappers
- Added. For future inquiries please add new sections on the bottom of the page. --Smiley™ de: user | talk 18:10, 26 March 2019 (UTC)
Programming language column
Not a wrapper
The thing linked under my name is not a wrapper. Also, I don't think directly linking to a download (of executables) with no further explaination is acceptable. --zeeZ (talk) 16:44, 2 September 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's definitely not cool. At least you have the honesty to try and fix it. 220.127.116.11 23:37, 28 January 2014 (UTC)
Adding another wrapper.
I did not make this however https://github.com/EtienneLamoureux/durmand-scriptorium is another wrapper that uses the v2 API and is working towards using the v1 also. Anzenketh (talk) 14:42, 8 October 2014 (UTC)
- I'm the one who made it. I'd be happy to see it featured here. Here are the full info :
- Keider.8652, https://github.com/EtienneLamoureux/durmand-scriptorium, Durmand Scriptorium, PHP package to consume the Guild Wars 2 API, PHP
- —Togrith (talk) 05:47, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
- Done. —Dr Ishmael 12:01, 14 October 2014 (UTC)
Adding a wrapper in Go
I'm currently writing a Go wrapper for the API. It's still in development, but I'm actively working on it. I've covered v1 and am adding v2 soon (shouldn't take longer than a week or two).
Seal.5964, https://github.com/yasvisu/gw2api, Go GW2API, GW2API package for Go, Go —Yasvisu (talk) 18:03, 30 November 2014 (UTC)
- Added. —Dr Ishmael 13:22, 8 December 2014 (UTC)
Adding a Python API Wrapper
There is a Python API Wrapper that I would like added to the list of wrappers. It is up to date with the v2 resources as well as handling authentication via API Keys. The source code is at https://github.com/menglewis/guildwars2api and the package is published on the Python Package Index at https://pypi.python.org/pypi/guildwars2api. -menglewis (talk) 16:35, 14 May 2015 (UTC)
Adding a new java wrapper
I am currently working on an new Guild Wars 2 wrapper for java featuring the v2. Source and download is located here: https://github.com/Nithanim/gw2api
| Nithanim.5243 || https://github.com/Nithanim/gw2api || gw2api || Simple to use gw2api for java || Java
Adding a MumbleLink API Wrapper
Didn't see one yet, here is mine : https://github.com/sidewinder94/MumbleLink-CSharp-GW2
- Added. —Dr Ishmael 15:19, 15 September 2015 (UTC)
Adding a PHP API Wrapper
Here is my php api wrapper : https://github.com/arnapou/gw2apiclient
This is a pure POO wrapper, with caching abilities (memcached/file/mongodb/mysql), very smart (manage http errors with retries, wrap one request into several automatically if the request is too huge and so on ...).
It contains also model objects to easily browse an account, characters, items, traits, specialization, skins ...
Java (Spring Boot) Wrapper for Guild Wars 2
Just published a Java (Spring Boot) wrapper for the API, useful for AWS or Google Cloud. I’m currently using it on a mobile app I’m developing and works wonderfully under AWS.
Still a lot to be done but it’s usable in it’s current form so feel free to fork away
| MrKnieves.4162 || https://github.com/nievesj/springboot-wrapper-gw2 || springboot-wrapper-gw2|| Java (Spring Boot) Wrapper for Guild Wars 2 || Java
Add a new wrapper for Ruby
A very simple Guild Wars 2 API client built with rest-core. https://github.com/godfat/rest-gw2 Built by godfat.2604
- I updated the date and removed the text about the dependency. I was not sure if I should include the additional remarks. Please tell me if you want to have a specific text in the description for your wrapper. --Nithanim (talk) 23:10, 7 July 2016 (UTC)
- I've updated the entry of 'last updated'. If I missed something feel free to say so. -Darqam 16:40, 19 April 2017 (UTC)
Adding a new wrapper for android
I published a new wrapper for android. This wrapper is up-to-date with v2 and I'm working on including v1.
| Athelas.1304 || https://github.com/xhsun/gw2wrapper || gw2wrapper || Guild Wars 2 API Wrapper for Android and Java || Java —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Xhsun (talk) at 17:46, 22 June 2017 (UTC).
- Apologies for the delay, it has been added to the page. If anything changes and/or you want to see an update feel free to comment again. -Darqam 14:16, 23 June 2017 (UTC)
Robust, Lightweight Python API Wrapper
Project URL - https://github.com/JuxhinDB/gw2-api-interface
I have been working on a Python wrapper for the GW2 API. The project is structured in such a way that is:
1. Well documented 2. Well tested (WIP) 3. Easy to use 4. Allows mapping of the APIv1 and APIv2 within the same modules and not change in code 5. Allows multiple concurrent clients, all mapping to different APIs and different versions of the API 6. Allows use of Proxies and bypassing SSL verification issues when using local proxies
The intention is to add the API mapping for version 2 which will be fairly straightforward and easily allow mapping of future versions of the API with minimal code changes.
- Heya, we sure can do that, I'd just need an in-game name to tag as developer name(s). If you also want to write up a short, 1 sentence summary of it you can go right ahead, if not I'll write something up as best I can. -Darqam 14:16, 5 September 2017 (UTC)
- Ofcourse, my ingame tag would be Booch.5938 and a short 1 sentence would be something along the lines of, "Robust, Lightweight GW2 API Wrapper for Python" or something along those lines. Whatever suits you best. Apologies if the formatting for the wiki talk was off. Couldn't find a way to cleanly reply to your last comment. Booch (talk) 21:38, 5 September 2017 (UTC)
- Awesome, thanks for the extra info, makes my life easier. Page is updated with your entry. -Darqam 04:43, 6 September 2017 (UTC)
iOS Wrapper using Swift (In Progress)
I'm in the middle of developing a wrapper for the V2 API using Swift for iOS. The general framework and functionality is complete and well-tested, I'm just adding endpoints at the moment. The repository can be found here: github.com/Zhendryk/GW2API
I'd like this to be put on the wrappers page because iOS is a massive platform and Swift is one of the few languages I don't see on the list with an active API wrapper, and I think a lot of people would like to have one.
- Sure, i could add it - what's your ingame username tag? --Smiley™ de: user | talk 20:32, 5 July 2018 (UTC)
Kotlin wrapper (In progress)
I'm finishing wrapper for V2 API in Kotlin. Most of the functionality is covered, I'm wrapping up last endpoints. Everything is tested.
Anything else? Sure, I was bored and willing to learn a bit of Kotlin - so I'll expand this wrapper if any of you have good ideas - I have time, but sadly I don't have much ideas. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
- I can add it. What's your ingame username tag? --Smiley™ de: user | talk 05:46, 6 November 2019 (UTC)
Yeah, so Gw2Sharp exists for quite a while, but I keep forgetting adding it here. It's a cross-platform .NET wrapper library written in C#. https://archomeda.github.io/Gw2Sharp. I can add it myself, but figured I would post it here since it was mentioned on the main page to do so. --Archomeda (talk) 16:55, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
Another wrapper in .NET
Here is a wrapper I made in .NET if you want to include it on your list.
The full info you seem to need is then:
Developer: Creed.5670 Website/Application: https://github.com/RyanClementsHax/GW2Api.NET Name: GW2Api.NET Description: A wrapper around https://api.guildwars2.com/ written as a dotnet core library Language/Platform: C#