Who i am...
...everyone in real life™ calls me Smiley - you'd know why if you'd see me ;) I've been around for years in the main german communities Wartower and GWCom (former GW-Tactics) where i mainly discussed teambuilds and tactics. I have a decent knowledge of anything PvE related and helped a lot of people getting things done there but i was never really interested in PvP. I haven't been very active in the wikis back then, just did a few minor edits - but since they were a place where i got my knowledge from, i decided to help out in the GW2 wiki once it starts.
What i'm doing here...
Actually i don't do much on the english wiki, but i've been pretty active in the german where i'm one of the few autopatrol users and the only widget editor so far. I've created a lot of articles for crafting items and recipes, reported a lot of translation errors and did stuff. Sadly, GW2 went into a direction which didn't satisfy me anymore (i call it "Super Mario Wars" sometimes), so i became inactive for a while and went back to GW1 where i finished another GWAMM... This would change when the API was introduced, which was something what i've been waiting for. Do you remember the promise of web apps long before the release? The API was actually more than i expected! So i started playing GW2 again - in a way - without the need to start the game client... :D
Oh hey, this pull request of mine not only added sector boundaries to the API, but also brought you colored sectors in WvW ingame. Sometimes it's the little things...
- GW2 Database - a pile of scripts that allow you do dump the API to a database. Earlier versions of this run on gw2treasures.com
- Widget:Map floors source - the source code of Widget:Map floors and de:Widget:Karte v2 - see also: de:Widget:Karte v2/SMWTest
- GW2 API Tools - my first GitHub repo with a collection of examples for API usage (archived)
- GW2 WikiMaps project - a Leaflet based map widget using the GW2 maps API (GitHub repo)
- Full text search tool for items, wikicode generation hosted by Darthmaim (GitHub repo)
- Fluid Layout CSS Hack for the official GW2 forums - get rid of the 50% white space on your 1920 screen ;)
Open API PRs
- #582 - /v2/continents restructuring
- #283 - /v2/regions metadata endpoint
- #62 - GeoJSON
- #61 - /v2/floors/events