Could the page be updated to separate or at least identity the endpoints that require a bearer token. 188.8.131.52 01:16, 20 May 2015 (UTC)
- Category:Authenticated endpoint handles that somewhat, an additional section can be list them.--Relyk ~ talk < 05:16, 20 May 2015 (UTC)
- I think adding some sort of icon after the API in the list (like this: /v2/account ) would be the best. Unless you think splitting the list into sections is more useful. —Dr Ishmael 12:30, 20 May 2015 (UTC)
Mirroring API structure
We have (and have coming up) stuff like
/v2/characters /v2/characters/:id /v2/characters/:id/equipment /v2/characters/:id/inventory /v2/guild/:id /v2/guild/:id/members
For the characters endpoint everything is in /v2/characters and documented there in a big blobby mess. While it's totally possible to retrieve all that information from there, I feel like it'd be nicer to replicate the API tree and link to the subset pages from the ones that contain everything (or maybe even somehow #include it all?). I don't know if those colons for, say [[API:2/characters/:id/equipment]] would mess with wiki things, so if nobody stops me or beats me to it before I happen to have another incident of my active five minutes I'll shuffle things about. --zeeZ (talk) 17:40, 26 June 2015 (UTC)
Adding text for localisation
- Moved to the article. https://gitter.im/arenanet/api-cdi?at=56ac18bc586242210ae06cb1 --Smiley™ de: user | talk 02:18, 30 January 2016 (UTC)
Stuff we haven't documented yet
- /v2/itemstats - "prefixes that define attribute ratios for items" source - not sure how usefult this is yet.
- /v2/legends - revenant legends array, specify ids to see which skill ids are associated with each one.
- /v2/pets - ranger pets, their names descriptions and icons
- /v2/professions - the 9 professions, specify id=<profname> to receive specializations, traits + weapon skills.
- /v2/pvp/amulets - which pvp amulets are currently available, specify their ids to get their names, stats and icons
- /v2/titles - array of titles. specify id to get their names and which achievements they are from.
--Chieftain Alex 12:38, 4 June 2016 (UTC)
- Good spot, bad links on my part. (amended above) -Chieftain Alex 06:08, 24 June 2016 (UTC)
- v2/professions has now been documented - Bandlero (talk) 07:29, 24 June 2016 (UTC)
- v2/legends has now been documented - Bandlero (talk) 06:51, 25 June 2016 (UTC)
- v2/pets has now been documented - Bandlero (talk) 07:02, 25 June 2016 (UTC)
- v2/pvp/amulets has now been documented - Bandlero (talk) 07:32, 25 June 2016 (UTC)
- v2/titles has now been documented. Next? - Bandlero (talk) 08:16, 25 June 2016 (UTC)
- /v2/account/finishers - account unlocked finishers; resolves against API:2/finishers
- /v2/account/outfits - account unlocked outfits; resolves against API:2/outfits
- /v2/account/titles - account unlocked titles; resolves against API:2/titles
- /v2/finishers - list of finishers available in game.
- /v2/outfits - list of outfits available in game.
- /v2/account/finishers has now been documented - Bandlero (talk) 09:06, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- v2/finishers has now been documented - Bandlero (talk) 09:21, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- /v2/account/titles has now been documented - Bandlero (talk) 09:31, 29 July 2016 (UTC)
- v2/backstory/answers - answers to backstory questions.
- v2/backstory/questions - questions for character backstory.
- v2/stories - stories from story journal tab
- v2/stories/seasons - story categories (i.e. Living World Seasons 1) resolvable against v2/stories
- v2/backstory/answers has now been documented - Bandlero (talk) 05:14, 4 August 2016 (UTC)
- v2/backstory/questions has now been documented - Bandlero (talk) 05:32, 4 August 2016 (UTC)
- v2/stories has now been documented - Bandlero (talk) 05:58, 4 August 2016 (UTC)
- v2/stories/seasons has now been documented - Bandlero (talk) 06:19, 4 August 2016 (UTC)
- /v2/account/outfits and /v2/outfits is now documented. New list of missing end-point documentation bellow. Striped-out entries are currently disabled.
- * v2/account/masteries
- * v2/account/recipes
- * [[API:2/characters/:id/backstory|v2/characters/:id/backstory]]
- * [[API:2/characters/:id/core|v2/characters/:id/core]]
- * [[API:2/characters/:id/crafting|v2/characters/:id/crafting]]
- * [[API:2/characters/:id/equipment|v2/characters/:id/equipment]]
- * [[API:2/characters/:id/heropoints|v2/characters/:id/heropoints]]
- * [[API:2/characters/:id/inventory|v2/characters/:id/inventory]]
- * [[API:2/characters/:id/skills|v2/characters/:id/skills]]
- * [[API:2/characters/:id/recipes|v2/characters/:id/recipes]]
- * [[API:2/characters/:id/specializations|v2/characters/:id/specializations]]
- * [[API:2/characters/:id/training|v2/characters/:id/training]]
- * v2/guild/search
- * v2/masteries
- * v2/pvp
- * v2/pvp/ranks
- * v2/wvw/abilities
- * v2/wvw/ranks
- —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Darqam (talk • contribs) at 16:33, 7 December 2016 (UTC).
- Good catch, I must have missed that while I was updating that set. It's now there with whatever little information there is to have. -Darqam 22:51, 13 June 2017 (UTC)
ArenaNet Mark-up Text
Across many of the API endpoints, there is data presented containing mark-up code. This data is often in item descriptions, pet descriptions, and various other places. The most common mark-up code we see is ArenaNet's
<c=@> flavor tags; however, there are many other mark-up codes/tags used - such as common html mark-up,
-ACHT found in pet descriptions, et al. I have seen people asking for what all these tags mean and how to handle them shows up consistently in the forums and other places frequently enough over the years. Since all of this is documentation about how to access and use the API, we probably should start to include pertinent, relevant information on how to also understand and interpret the data presented; including text mark-up code and tags. Since ArenaNet's usage of the mark-up is consistent enough across the data when it is used, we probably could benefit from centralized or singular page dealing with the specific subject. Just an idea. Bandlero (talk) 07:11, 25 June 2016 (UTC)
- Sounds fine to me. I would call it "API:Text handling" or "API:Markup handling"?--Relyk ~ talk < 05:52, 4 August 2016 (UTC)
Add brief explanation regarding dummy parent endpoints
I think a little note on this page as to why some endpoints are marked as "dummy parent endpoint", because on their respective pages it is currently written "This endpoint requires further expansion to return a valid output". What makes a dummy parent endpoint?
- Returns 404
- That's almost like a non-existent endpoint (e.g. v2/foobar).
- Not listed on api.guildwars2.com/v2?
- Currently, "v2/emblem/foregrounds" and "v2/emblem/backgrounds" are not listed but those are actual endpoints rather than "dummy parent endpoints".
- On the other hand, "v2/emblem" is listed and that is currently marked on the wiki as "dummy parent endpoint".
- Only returns a list of valid sub-endpoints and doesn't accept parameters?
These return a list of sub-endpoints:
- 1 API:2/account/home --
- 1 API:2/account/mounts --
- 1 API:2/backstory --
- 1 API:2/emblem --
["foregrounds","backgrounds"](this has an entry in the API page, but its sub-endpoints are not...)
- 1 API:2/mounts --
These return errors:
- Oh sorry, I'd begun adding those pages simply to get the tree to work on API:2#Active endpoints. I'll take a look later today. -Chieftain Alex 07:19, 17 December 2018 (UTC)