Talk:List of non-English wikis
- 1 Chinese Wikia site
- 2 Japanese Wikia site
- 3 Proposal: Semi-protect & use same criteria as List of fansites
- 4 Question: How to add new laguages to the official wiki?
- 5 Wrong flag image of list of non-English wikis
- 6 Recommended Addition: Unofficial Spanish Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- 7 Brazilian wiki no longer maintained
- 8 Chinese and Italian website are kaput
- 9 Feedback 2019/02/06
Chinese Wikia site
Low page count, young, etc. (see my summary in the diff), reasons for which this addition is premature. Not saying it won't ever be listed, just not in this stage. - Infinite - talk 14:37, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
- I agree: that site doesn't yet meet our criteria for fansites; it's a starter wiki, not a substantive one. I removed it again.
- If there's strong enough for multiple wikis in a language, I think we should list them all. But in the meantime, let's keep the list small. – Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 16:00, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
- The wording was fine imo (I simplified it just a tad): already has content, active community (the wikia site had neither). I do think that we should semi-protect this article (like we do with List of fansites) and formally offer a method for adding (or removing) sites from the list, i.e. add a link and a reason to a new section on the talk page and canvas for endorsements (again, as we do with fansites).
- Of course, this might become moot depending on the results of discussions with Monsieuer Lo Presti.
- For reference, the main page of the other Chinese site has over 60,000 hits; 3,000 content pages; 11,000 total pages; 21 active members of 150 registered users. And by comparison, the official French GW2 wiki has closer to 2,600 content articles out of 6,700; 68 active of 233 registered users; and doesn't list the hits on the main page for some reason. The official German GW2 wiki has 1,433 content articles of 4,885 total; 107 active of 249 registered users; and they also don't list page hits. (Keep in mind, those sites just went live recently.) – Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 16:27, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
Japanese Wikia site
Regardless of its statistics, it is using the incorrect license to be doing what it is doing. Before listing it here we must really sort out legal issues first. - Infinite - talk 09:50, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, they don't have much choice - all Wikia wikis are CC licensed. GuildWiki had to fight them even to maintain our CC BY-NC-SA 2.0 license (when they "acquired" us 5 years ago), because they wanted to "upgrade" us to CC BY-SA 2.5. —Dr Ishmael 14:09, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
- Let me restate the problem with this wiki: the licensing is only an issue because it's copying most its articles verbatim from GW2W without permission. I think our admin team should ask ANet to formally that Wikia communicate with the site admins to remove all verbatim text unless/until they use the appropriate licensing.
Proposal: Semi-protect & use same criteria as List of fansites
I propose that we semi-protect this article and use the same process to determine which non-English wikis we add. Specifically, we should lock the list against IP edits, require that sites be formally recommended, and wait for consensus (or at least a lack of objections) before updating the list. As discussed above, a foreign language wiki should be primarily in that language and not contain a large number of articles copied verbatim from here (or GW2W/Fr or /De).
In the case of wikis, I think the level of activity is a more important determinant than the number of articles. (For example, a wiki with only 1,000 articles should probably make the list as long as it has at a strong core of active contributors and/or a lot of meaningful content edits, particularly if it's the only one listed in its language.) – Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 17:57, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
- As for the semi-protect, there have been 3 IP edits since the 5th of May this year; I don't feel it is necessary at this time.
- However, I do agree we should have criteria for inclusion much like the list of fansites. That I support. - Infinite - talk 22:01, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
Question: How to add new laguages to the official wiki?
Hi guys. What is the procedure/requirements to add a new (non-English) language to the wiki? I's asking about integration similarly to the Spanish language in this wiki, and not a separate website in the fashion of the German and French official wikis.
- The Spanish wiki *is* a separate website, just like the German and French wikis. All 4 (de, es, fr, and en) are official wikis hosted by ArenaNet for the supported GW2 languages, which is why ArenaNet allows us to list them through the "Other languages" box. Non-official wikis have to be listed on this page. —Dr Ishmael 12:30, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
- You can't. ArenaNet is only hosting official wikis for the in-game supported languages: English, French, German, and Spanish. If they add another language to the game, then they'll add another language wiki. —Dr Ishmael 01:36, 6 July 2013 (UTC)
Wrong flag image of list of non-English wikis
- → moved from Guild Wars 2 Wiki:Reporting wiki bugs
[Bahamut] is a traditional Chinese website base on Taiwan not China. The flag should be [Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China_TW.svg]not [Flag_of_China.svg]. Could you please replace it? Thank you. Best regards --The preceding unsigned comment was added by User:WL William (talk).
- I think that's a good idea, since it's obvious that it's not obvious to everyone what the flag represents. —Dr Ishmael 14:13, 30 August 2012 (UTC)
Recommended Addition: Unofficial Spanish Guild Wars 2 Wiki
1.354 articles since may of 2012.--18.104.22.168 10:51, 18 October 2012 (UTC)
Brazilian wiki no longer maintained
Since most of brazilian community lost interest in the wiki, the host decided to shut it down, therefore I request it is removed from GW2 unofficial wikis list. Thank you. :) – Valento msg 15:55, 8 December 2013 (UTC)
Chinese and Italian website are kaput
- is the other chinese wiki even a wiki? (url doesn't count) -Chieftain Alex 17:39, 10 May 2016 (UTC)
Replace with feedback text. --22.214.171.124 11:06, 6 February 2019 (UTC)