This article lacks some needed information. I heard this game is free once you buy that but this article doesn't fully explain the difference between a free account and a normal account and another article mentions trial accounts. Am I right to assume that the free account and is the trial account where players don't need to buy the game at the cost of not having the full core game while the normal account is no subscription but access to the full core game after paying for the game?188.8.131.52 21:59, 22 September 2015 (UTC)
- You may be confusing four different things:
- The game may be played without restriction once an initial subscription fee is paid to purchase Heart of thorns.
- The core game, without Heart of Thorns features, is available to those who paid the subtraction fee for the original Guild Wars 2.
- The game may be played entirely for free, but with significant restrictions, by setting up a Free account.
- Trial accounts are obsolete and no longer offered.
- All of these are described in either Account or one of the other referenced articles. ~ 1Maven (talk) 22:24, 22 September 2015 (UTC)
- Trial accounts were made during periods where players could try out the game for free. These turned into f2p accounts with the f2p announcement/release. They are now one and the same. Buying the game gets rid of the restrictions listed on this article and also gives them the new expansion. The term subscription is not mentioned because there never was and never will be a subscription fee. Guild Wars 2#Purchasing is outdated though, so we'll have to update it. Tyndel (talk) 22:25, 22 September 2015 (UTC)
@1Maven: If this was all described in the account page and other referenced articles, I wouldn't have had to ask on this talk page lol.... @Both: Thank you for you're help, now I just need to make the money to buy the game lol. 184.108.40.206 02:04, 23 September 2015 (UTC)
Linking Guild Wars 1 Accounts
I've been trying to find some information on how to add free GW2 to your account assuming you already had an arena.net account /before/ GW2 went free to play. Currently the problem is that trying to login from the GW2 client just says that you don't have a valid serial key registered. Creating a new account is sadly not possible in this case. I searched the forums, googled, checked this wiki - nothing. Don't people try to get the F2P GW2 on their old GW1 accounts? Does anyone have any tips apart from "submit a support ticket", because the last time I've tried it (free weekend) it didn't really help I'm afraid. Thank you in advance. 220.127.116.11 00:39, 21 December 2015 (UTC)
- I know this is a late response but hopefully the information will help people in the future. I have just had an old GW1 account which I made 5 years ago still with an @ncsoft log in linked to a GW2 f2p account. Unfortunately I did have to go through support but their response to me was almost immediate and the whole process took 4 days with a weekend in the middle, plus initially I was contacting about a forgotten password which I couldn't recover due to having a @ncsoft log in opposed to a proper email. As long as you're clear in the emails with what you want done to what accounts and provide adequate information (GW1 serial keys/account info help a lot here), there should be no issues. How long it takes Support to respond to you varies on their workload/holidays, but the more information you give them, the quicker your issues can be resolved. Bellatrixa (talk) 16:43, 13 September 2016 (UTC)
The restrictions for first month on new account
Page states the limit of sending/taking or depositing to bank raises around 1g per 10h. Does it mean 10h of real time or 10h of playtime? Would require clarification. Sutgon (talk) 15:59, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
List of items F2P players can trade on the TP
I recently was given a list of items the F2P accounts can trade. Perhaps we can add it to the wiki?
- Fine, Masterwork, Rare and Exotic Crafted Armor, Weapons (incl. Primordus weapons) and Trinkets
- Stats available:
- Single attribute: Mighty, Precise, Resilient, Vital, Malign, Healing
- Dual Attribute: Hearty, Honed, Hunter's, Ravaging, Rejuvenating, Strong, Vigorous
- Triple Attribute: Apothecary's, Assassin's, Berserker's, carrion, cleric's, knight's, rampager's, valkyrie]
- Stats available:
- Orbs, Crystals, Shards etc. with the above mentioned stats (incl. passion flower)
- Agony Infusions
- Unrefined Common Crafting Materials (no pigments)
- Fine Crafting Materials: Blood, Bones, Claws, Dust, Fangs, Scales, Totems, Venom Sacs, Karka Shells, Watchwork Sprockets
- Nearly all cooking materials
- The Following Food and Utility Consumables: Plate of Truffle Steak, Bowl of Lemongrass Poultry Soup, Bowl of Poultry and Leek Soup, Orange Cake, Mango Pie, Glazed Peach Tart, Strawberry Ghost, Master Tuning Crystal, Superior Sharpening Stone, Master Maintenance Oil
- Globs of Ectoplasm, Mystic Coins, Quartz Crystals, Pieces of Ambrite
- Unidentified Dyes
- Trick-or-Treat bags
- Black Lion Chests
- The following bags: 10 Slot Thin Leather Pack, 15 Slot Rugged Leather Pack, 18 Slot Mithril Box, 18 Slot Silk Bag, 18 Slot Thick Leather Pack
Map Chat and Whispering
These two lines may need amendments. Per the wiki, "Map chat is unavailable." All though F2P players cannot use map chat, they can see it. That may want to be reworded. Secondly, I've been told by players that Mentors are able to chat with a F2P player via whisper without being on that players friends list. I'm not sure if that's exclusive to Mentors or if Commanders are able as well. I don't know any active F2P layers in order to test. -- Magic Talk 06:40, 31 August 2016 (UTC)
- I've edited the article. I think I can confirm the situation for mentors - not sure about commanders though. —Ventriloquist 11:00, 31 August 2016 (UTC)
Maybe I'm searching in the wrong places (tried a few), but I can find nothing about upgrading a Standard account to a Deluxe account (either Core or HoT) through the Gem Store. I know it's available, and wanted to link to it here, in the Wiki. Also, Account Medals are, well, obsolete. Thanks. --Inculpatus cedo (talk) 20:10, 13 March 2017 (UTC)
Perhaps, this information (from the Knowledge Base) should/could be added for upgraded-from-Play4Free/new accounts: There’s also a longer delay (up to five days) before mail attachments, the Black Lion Trading Company, and guild banks are unlocked. You should see a message in-game displaying the time remaining before you have full access to these features. --Inculpatus cedo (talk) 11:32, 28 April 2017 (UTC)