Krytan royal locket
It's a magical locket. It's said to always have the image of the current heir to the throne of Kryta displayed inside it. It's quite beautiful. Very powerful. And coveted.
The Krytan royal locket is an ancient, magical artifact which is said to always have the image of the current heir to the throne of Kryta displayed inside it. According to Magister Lindsay, its power is coveted, so the Durmand Priory moves it and other valuable artifacts from fort to fort on an irregular schedule to keep artifacts such as it from falling into the wrong hands.
In 1327 AE, a Priory caravan traveled from Caer Evermore to Fort Concordia with a shipment of tomes and magical items, including the locket. Shortly after arriving in Concordia, the caravan was ambushed by the Mordrem who were seeking out magic for the Elder Dragon Mordremoth throughout Tyria. Thanks to the timely arrival of Braham Eirsson, Rox and the Pact Commander, the Mordrem were fought off; however, the dragon minions had managed to drain magic from some of the artifacts. The magical signature of the Krytan locket was weakened in the assault but was not completely destroyed, and it and the remaining artifacts were transported to the safety of the Priory's headquarters for further study.
- ^ The Concordia Incident
- Magister Lindsay: What are we going to do now? Our caravans were carrying magical artifacts out here for safekeeping. The Krytan royal locket is among them.
- <Character name>: The Krytan royal locket?
- Magister Lindsay: It's a magical locket. It's said to always have the image of the current heir to the throne of Kryta displayed inside it. It's quite beautiful.
- <Character name>: It sounds powerful.
- Magister Lindsay: Very powerful. And coveted. We move it from fort to fort on an irregular schedule. I probably shouldn't even be telling you about it, but...you're you. [...]
- <Character name>: Are the artifacts you were carrying all right?
- Magister Lindsay: Some are, but some appear to have had the magic bled right out of them. It's as if they've become normal everyday objects now. No power.
- <Character name>: And the Krytan locket?
- Magister Lindsay: Its magical signature is weakened, but it wasn't completely destroyed. We'll return to the Priory with our shipment. I'm sure our scholars will want to study them.