From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
- This article is about the generic NPCs. For the scout, see Itzel Scout (scout).
- Evades Ranged Attacks
- By the vista in Blighted Depths
- It's good to have new allies. Our people have known so few friends here.
You Itzel seem more suited to jungle life than the hylek I knew back east.
- We know nothing of our distant cousins. Before our friends the Nuhoch arrived here, we had forgotten there were other hylek. I hope they are not all the Zintle fanatics.
Things are tense between you and the Zintl, I take it?
- Their beliefs are different from ours, but we tolerate them here as long as they don't attempt to force the issue. There are limits to our tolerance.
- I see. Take care.
- No, I haven't previously met hylek so...agressively evangelical.
- Thank you.
- At Treacherous Paths Waypoint
- The kaana has spoken highly of you, outsider. May Ameyalli provide for your people as she has our own.
Ameyalli—what we call Maguuma—is providing to be a challenge for us so far.
- Your gliders seem to be helping your cause. You'll find it easier to move around here once you master the local jumping and speed-granting mushrooms. Watch out for areas poisoned by the Mordrem!
- Thanks for the advice.
- Thank you.
- East of Last Leap
- Your people are bold to enter this jungle in these dark times. If only our Nuhoch cousins had such courage.
Don't the Nuhoch fight alongside you?
- They're fierce, strong fighters, but some of them grumble about striking out for new grounds if things keep getting worse here.
And the Itzel would never consider leaving Maguuma?
- Unlike the Nuhoch, this place is the only home we've ever known. This trouble will pass. After all, the jungle has provided us powerful new allies like you.
- I appreciate your faith in me.
- Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
- Don't let Tizlak hear you talking like that, friend.
- Your legs are strange. Can you jump?