— In-game description [?]
| Skill used
|| Deals damage and causes confusion.
- See also: Phantasm#Related traits
For a detailed skill history, see here.
| February 06, 2018
- This skill has been renamed to Phantasmal Whaler for consistency with other phantasm skills.
- Confusion duration has been increased from 3 seconds to 6 seconds.
- Increased the confusion stacks per hit from 1 to 2.
- Reduced the recharge from 20 seconds to 5 seconds.
- This skill now uses the ammunition system and has 2 casts with a 15-second recharge between casts.
- Damage has been increased by 30%.
| May 16, 2017
- This skill now fires Siren's Call projectiles at 3 nearby foes in addition to summoning a phantasm.
| October 23, 2015
|| Heart of Thorns release:
- Increased the damage of this phantasm by 53% to put it in line with other phantasms.
| June 23, 2015
|| Specialization update:
- Phantasm damage has been increased by 15%.
| September 09, 2014
- Fixed a bug that allowed this ability to be cast without a target.
| May 20, 2014
- Updated the skill facts to have the appropriate damage indicator (separate from the general fix to minion skill damage).
| December 14, 2012
- This phantasm now attacks more often, and now does a reasonable amount of damage.
| August 28, 2012
|| Game release:
- Phantasmal Whaler has been added to the game.
- The skill icon bears a very close resemblance to a Mind Flayer, a psionic creature infamous for its mind-affecting abilities in Dungeons & Dragons.