- Because when the ask-about-wiki page was created, the game wasn't even out of alpha yet. And once the game was released, with all the new content to fill up and the game to play, no one bothered creating it yet :) -- ab.er.rant 15:43, 1 September 2012 (UTC)
- The official forums will replace that, once they are open. We don't need it on the wiki. —Dr Ishmael 16:51, 1 September 2012 (UTC)
- This is going to be a problem for those who want to ask before actually buying it. The https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum requieres a GW2 account to login and register. My idea is to inform myself to decide whether buy it or not. For example: I hear that other players can instantly join your game. Which to my ears sound like "Unwanted Guests" pugs. Considering that 90% of the GW player base are ubber noobs, I don`t like much the idea of having "Un-invited failers" screwing-up my progress...How am I ever going to move forward if bad players would only keep me holding back? Is there an option that can keep me "free" of suckers? Can I kick bad players out when I don`t want them? Can I decide to change my targeting so my damage skills can kill the "un-invited noob"? How would you get rid of noobs? I would image myself ending up cursing half the players I meet and getting perma-banned for...Language Abuse?... Yoshida Keiji (talk) 08:15, 9 September 2012 (UTC)
- And after GW1, you still think the wiki's the best place to deal with these questions? ArenaNet should be requested upon to allow guest logins on their forums. For GW1, they didn't have forums, so the wiki absorbed questions that were more suited in a forum environment. If we do go ahead with something like this, I'd recommend we make that page behave like a sandbox, where we periodically just empty the page of questions. With the amount of repeated questions, archiving felt pretty pointless. -- ab.er.rant 14:48, 9 September 2012 (UTC)
We have a Guild Wars 2 Wiki:References page, which is currently not being linked here at all. Instead we have a link to "Help:Footnotes on Meta". Shouldn't it be linked here instead? Or is it more of a guidelines than editing help (hence the "Guild Wars 2 Wiki" namespace instead of Help). It does have a table on how to use it, which is much better to use (since it's just small page) than the Footnotes page on meta IMO.
—Faalagorn☎/✓ 18:05, 9 September 2012 (UTC).
- You're right, I've included the link to the GW2W article. (It's both a help page and guideline imo.) Feel free to change things like this yourself :). pling 18:42, 9 September 2012 (UTC)
it´s my first Wiki experience so maybe this is totally the wrong place to say but here is what i found:
The Masquerade armor page and all the other pages where the masquerade armor is linked (like the Tailor crafting Page) are wrong. The Masquerade armor don´t need crafting 125! If you craft it like this you will get the Pillaging Armor. I only have tailor on 125 so i can´t say whats right.
Here the facts from the Wiki:
Tailor Page: Silk needed (Tailor 375) Masquerade Armor Page (top): 4 different Tiers of it (from 125-375), as I said 125 (wool) is a pillaging Armor Masquerade Armor Page (bot): Tailor 400 needed.
So there are 3 diffrent versions on 2 Pages^^
I hope my English is understandable :)
Have a nice Day.
- Yep, your English is perfectly clear!
- From the Tailor crafting page I only see level 375 written beside Masquerade armor
- From reading the Masquerade armor page it seems that you're correct, and only Silk = Masquerade. I interpret the following as being the different levels described by the masquerade page:
- I think it would be correct to remove the line "there are 4 tiers of masquerade armor" from the page, change the occurances of "400" to "375" and I suspect any occurances of "125" are copypaste errors.
- But then again, I don't have access to ingame stuff, so someone should check this out before I make any changes. Chieftain Alex 10:00, 16 January 2013 (UTC)
- This really does not belong on this page, but I don't know where to move it.
- Masquerade armor is a rare armor set that is crafted at tiers 2-5. You have to buy recipe sheets for rare insignia from the Master Tailor in order to craft it. Both the Tailor page and the Masquerade page have errors on them. —Dr Ishmael 15:38, 16 January 2013 (UTC)
does pure of voice affect altruistic healing
Hello. I have a guardian, but i am wondering if the trait pure of voice afffect the other trait, altruistic healing? Because, ind the descriptioin of pure it says: Allies affected by shouts -->converts<-- one condition to a boon. and ind the description of altruistic healing, it says if i -->apply<-- a boon to allies i gain health. So, does converting count as applying?
- Sorry, this is the wrong place to post questions like that. This is a talk page for discussing the Help:Contents page, not for posting general game questions. Game questions shouldn't be posted on the wiki anyway - please use the official forums for that (link is in the masthead at top of page). —Dr Ishmael 19:16, 14 May 2013 (UTC)
Problem with creating an account.
I received Guild Wars 2 as a gift unopened. When I opened and loaded the program I went to create my account. When I entered the serial number in the package I was given an error that the serial had already been used to create another account. How can I resolve this issue so that I may enjoy this game?
Roger220.127.116.11 15:32, 30 January 2014 (UTC)
- We at the wiki can't help you. Please use the "Support" link at the top of this site to access ArenaNet support. —Dr Ishmael 15:49, 30 January 2014 (UTC)
Mystics forge bug
Hi! I have a problem with Mystic Forge. The items "bricks of clay, Thermocatalytic Reagents and others" Don't appear in the Mystic Forge items list.. And "Mists infused clay pot" item when i try to double-click tell me "item not found in your inventory".. Need help! Ty.
- Hi, this is kind of a wrong place to post this question, since it deals with the wiki's contents, not issues related to the game. To answer your question, in order to use the Mists Infused Clay Pot, you need to have a Pet Seed in your inventory. If you don't have one, it give you the "item not found in your inventory" prompt. As for the Mystic Forge issue, are you certain they're in your inventory and not in your bank's collection tab? Sometimes the Mystic Forge doesn't recognize the ingredients as compatible so it might take a few retries. Good luck. —Ventriloquist 09:41, 3 February 2016 (UTC)
I'm sorry but i don't know where guess this.. I try with 4 pg with the items in inventory but don't se in Mystic Forge. :/ Thank you
Retrieve a destroyed achievment item.
- As far as I know, there's no other way to reobtain it, so you'll have to contact Support. They're usually willing to restore accidentally destroyed items. :) —Idris 06:39, 25 January 2019 (UTC)