Aviator's Memory Box
Aviator's Memory Box
Click to enlarge.
Aviator's Memory Box creates a box of aviator caps for anyone to play with. Effects can only be seen by players that interact with the box.“
This fun inventory item spawns a box for everyone to use. Interacting with the box causes everything you see to appear in film grain and extends your arms so you're ready for takeoff!
This item has infinite uses.
Cannot be used in PvP, WvW, or dungeons. Adding this item to your wardrobe may slightly adjust its functionality.
— In-game description
- Novelty Selection Box (discontinued)
- Characters spread their arms outward and have a forced smile.
- Arm position will remain during emotes, such as dancing.
- Many attack animations will be altered.
- Transformations that track the player model will work "normally". For instance, players using Ride Broom on an Enchanted Broom will continue to hold the broom in their hand.
- Characters make airplane noises while moving, jumping, and falling (adjusted with dialog volume options). Players will start with a take off sound when they start moving and have a landing sound when they stop moving.
- Aviator Cap is worn by all characters, in addition to normal helm if not hidden.
- Cameras use sepia tone filters if the post-processing option is on high.
- While defeated, unique music is played.
- The effect can be removed by logging out to character select, or by using a transformation tonic (not all transformations work, eg. Endless Boss Chest Tonic does).
- This item has infinite uses.
- Cannot be used in PvP, WvW, or dungeons.
- Gives effect Transformed (Aviator).
- This item was added to the Gem Store on April 15, 2015 after the effect appeared during April Fools' Day 2015.
Gem Store history
|Gem Store History|
|Start date||End date||Discount||Notes|
|April 15, 2015||Unknown||-||
|November 29, 2016||December 05, 2016||-||
|March 30, 2018||April 01, 2018||60%|
|August 31, 2018||September 02, 2018||50%||
|September 03, 2018||Unknown||-||
|March 31, 2019||April 01, 2019||50%|