From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Aja Volkman is the daughter of Megin Volkman, and the sister of Xander Volkman, Lissa Volkman, and Samm Volkman. She is an ally during the quest Help Megin Volkman search for her missing son in the Harathi Hinterlands.
- If you want to help us find my brother, talk to my mom. He might be the oldest and all, but he still can't afford to move out on his own. He should know better than to worry her so.
What do you think he's doing?
- If I had to guess, I would bet he's off flirting with one of the tavern girls he's always making eyes at when we go into town.
- Well, maybe your mother has some additional information.
- Maybe I should talk to her about this.
- During Help Megin Volkman search for her missing son
- Every step makes me more and more nervous. I'm almost as afraid of finding Samm as I am of not finding him. I wonder what Mother will do to him this time.
- She only seems to want to find him right now.
- After finding Samm
- I can't believe he's gone! How? Why? What will we do without him? He always made Lissa laugh. On, gods, how are we going to tell her?
- You have me sincerest condolences.
- Help Megin Volkman search for her missing son is subtly about suicide; on the surface, it looks like a mother looking for her missing son, but gradually opens itself up to disturbing underlying questions about why Samm just wandered off into danger with seemingly no weapons and no way to survive. Matthew Medina, the designer of the quest, decided to leave it ambiguous with only the subtlest of clues due to the subject matter potentially being too grim for a game with a Teen rating.