Anyone have any idea what utility skills are for? I mean, do they boost stats, or are they attacks?
- I'm pretty sure they do whatever they WANT to do. Zolann The Irreverent 21:33, 2 September 2010 (UTC)
- yeah, pretty sure they're utility because they aren't classified like the other skills (marks, banners, shouts, etc) Venom20 22:01, 2 September 2010 (UTC)
Not exactly what I meant. Zolann, you have a good point, I guess.
- Specifically, they do whatever the Devs want them to do. Also, please remember to quad-tilde your comments. And I think this page could be somewhat improved with some links. Zolann The Irreverent 19:27, 4 April 2011 (UTC)
- Utility skills are the 3 skills that are not healing or elite, which the player can fill to heart's content. They are generally dedicated to, well, utility. They have a wide range of effects and are a vital part to your skill bar's functionality and uniqueness. Et cetera, et cetera. - Infinite - talk 19:40, 4 April 2011 (UTC)
how do you get them now?
Weapon skills you now unlock by using weapons. So how do you get the utility skills? I saw that skill trainer has been flagged as no longer in the game Ramei Arashi 05:21, 9 September 2011 (UTC)
- "healing, utility and elite skills are unlocked using a collection mechanism similar to Guild Wars." - from the skill#Acquisition article. --Xu Davella 05:32, 9 September 2011 (UTC)
I believe it was said somewhere that utility skill slots unlock at certain level tresholds, like 10, 15 and 20. Mediggo 06:30, 9 September 2011 (UTC)
- Actually 4, 10 and 20. But that was with the previous system — I can't recall seeing anyone reaching level 4 in their low-level playthrough, though, so I can't say if it changed. Also, once the utility slot is unlocked doesn't mean you have immediate access to the utility skill itself. -Alarielle- 18:19, 9 September 2011 (UTC)
- I could see one utility skill unlocking at the same time you unlock the slot for it. Mediggo 18:40, 9 September 2011 (UTC)
I might be being dense, but how come they aren't on this page? every other profession gets listed... are they technically not utility skills for an engineer? 18.104.22.168 21:20, 29 September 2013 (UTC)
Too much information?
So today I changed utility skills wikipage, putting the skills in a template, but the page now seems to have too much info taking some time to load. Any suggestions? --Keltz (talk) 22:17, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- Do we need to list all utility skills on this page? Per profession, it's redundant with the corresponding section on the "List of <profession> skills" pages, and viewing utility skills across professions doesn't seem very useful. —Dr Ishmael 00:47, 29 August 2015 (UTC)