Prepare for a race around Divinity's Reach (Lunar New Year)
From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Prepare for a race around Divinity's Reach
- The Crown Pavilion
- Event type
- Dynamic event
- Part of
- Lunar New Year
- Given by
- Race Announcer
- Followed by
- Reach the finish line!
- Speak with the race announcer to participate in the upcoming race
- Make sure to be in the starting area when the race begins to prevent from being disqualified
- The race will begin in: 2:00
- Gourdon the Racing Choya
- Boar (racer) (Only during the year of the boar)
- Dog (racer)
- Snake (racer)
- Horse (racer)
- Monkey (racer)
- Dragon (racer)
- Race Announcer
- Festive Mount Rental
- Players that have successfully registered for the race will have the Registered effect.
- 1 minute before the race begins, text will appear on the screen of those who signed up saying: Be in the starting line when the race begins to qualify.
- Players that do not own any mount can rent one for 10 silver from the Festive Mount Rental NPC
- A fast enough mounted player can finish the race twice within one event. Event rewards are only received once, but achievement progress is doubled.
- All the racing animals represent the 12 zodiac animals (in order: Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Goat/Ram, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig) celebrated during the Lunar New Year.
- The race itself is a recreation of The Great Race, a story from Chinese mythology.
- Unlike the story, in which the rat won, the animal of the current year will always be the first animal to cross the finishing line. The rest of the animals will finish in the correct order, however.
- Much like the story, the rat will jump on the ox just before it starts and ride it for the duration of the race.
- The 'horse' is accompanied by the snake much like the story.
- The ram, monkey and rooster run together as a team much like the story.
- The pig will run into the chef's crafting area during the race presumably to eat, giving all other racers a huge lead.