Ensolyss of the Endless Torment
Ensolyss of the Endless Torment
Ensolyss of the Endless Torment is the third and final boss in Nightmare Fractal's challenge mote. It has multiple stages of evolution, changing its skills over time. It is a tougher version of the Ensolyss encountered in normal mode, with attacks that damage more and larger AoE's.
- Nightmare Incarnate
- At 66% and 33% health, Ensolyss will become invulnerable and leave the arena temporarily. A large orb will spawn in the middle and emit constant streams of Nightmare Bomb aoes, red Nightmare Bullets orbs and blue healing spheres, and periodically release a shockwave that knocks back players, and five altars will spawn that need to be captured by the party.
- After capturing the five altars, Ensolyss will teleport back in the middle of the arena and bombard the arena with orbs and also cover the two opposing quarters of the arena on a rotation with the Caustic Barrage attack, until his break bar is broken.
- The arena's edges become full of Miasma, reducing the available space for players after each phase.
- Determined - At the 66% and 33% health threshold.
- Serpent Strike - Melee auto-attack that bleeds.
- Tail Lash - A 180-degree conic melee attack that knocks back.
- Lunge - Teleports to one side of the arena and then dashes towards the other side of the arena, knocking back and heavily damaging players who get hit.
- Nightmare Blast - Releases several orbs that strike a target area, then split and bounce across the arena to hit multiple points.
- Nightmare Devastation - Ensolyss teleports to the middle of the arena and begins charging energy, causing a room-wide explosion once finished that instantly downs players (or kill, if already downed).
- Upswing - Ensolyss teleports on top on a party member and slams the ground, creating an orange field that deals heavy damage and applies Torment, also releasing a shockwave that knocks back. Shorty afterwards, Nightmare Hallucinations will appear randomly and perform the same attack.
- Poison Cloud - Ensolyss releases six orbs that cover the ground with lasting poison.
Stage 2 (below 66% health); Retains all the previous skills, and some get an upgrade:
- Tail Lash - Now also releases a Bouncing Orb that bounces in a line, growing in size at each bounce.
- Nightmare Devastation - The delay between the start and finish of this attack becomes shorter.
- Tormenting Blast - Attack that damages and knocks back; hits a quarter of the arena, and is performed twice in quick succession.
- Vomit Toxin - Attack that causes players to vomit toxin in a cone in front of themselves and damages other players caught within it.
- Caustic Grasp - Attack that damages and pulls all party members to himself.
Below 33% Ensolyss will use an additional attack:
- Rampage - Channels an attack that creates a pulsing damaging aoe at his position, while shooting damaging darts in all directions and also creates a shockwave that pulls players into the aoe.
Stage 3 (at 15% health):
- The Ensolyss will teleport to the middle of the arena and stand still and will poison the whole area, save for a small safe zone in the middle. Nightmare Hallucinations will spawn on the edges and dash across the safe area, damaging and knocking back players who get hit. Nightmare Hallucinations minions will also continuously spawn and attack players.
- Stolen skills
- Ensolyss of the Endless Torment has a 200 range diameter hitbox, which is considered large.