From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
The Archeologist is a member of the Durmand Priory expedition found at the Ghostsummit camp in the Phasmatis Corridor that is looking for Ascalonian artifacts that will shed light on Ascalonian life before the Foefire.
- Welcome to our little outpost. Don't worry, you're among friends, mostly. Take a load off. We're here to explore this vast Ascalonian graveyard. Though once claimed by both charr and human nations, it now belongs to the dead. Freaked out yet?
- You know—the Priory? The seekers and guardians of knowledge! The delvers into the mysteries of the ancient world. Our work has preserved countless artifacts that date back to the original arrival of the dragons.
So, you're some sort of scholar, then?
- I am, but we don't break only book spines. Sure, you got your studious experts, your know-it-alls, and your artifact hoaders. But, you also got those who risk life and limb to keep near-sighted parchment wurms from getting their ink spilled.
Risking life and limb? Are you recruiting?
- If you believe in knowledge acquisition, then my advice to you is to get yourself noticed. The Durmand Priory has eyes everywhere, and they'll spot you when you're ripe. It's all about seasoning. Go spice yourself up, and don't call us; we'll call you.
- Spice. Right. Thanks.
- Thanks for the information.
- Intriguing. I must go now.
- (If charr)
This land has always belonged to the charr.
- Ha! Of course it has, cub. You must remember that the humans ruled here for centuries before we finally drove them out. Now all that's left are broken buildings and a horizon of ghosts.
- Bah. Ghosts can't withstand charr might!
- I'm going now.