From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Click to enlarge.
Arcanist Dremus is a human member of the Durmand Priory who appears in Frostgate Falls near The Dracon Steles when any adventurers within the area have found a Gear Crank. Upon being given this item, he will unlock what he believed to be a great power sealed in the ice. However it is an Ancient Creature that is unsealed instead which may require multiple adventurers to be defeated. Defeating this champion starts a second dynamic event to seal it again while multiple Veteran Fleshreavers spawn in waves.
- Force the ancient creature back into its prison (31) [Group Event]
- Defend Arcanist Dremus from hostile creatures (31) [Group Event]
- if player doesn't have Gear Crank
- Hello. Your travels have been going well, I hope.
Yes, thank you. How about you? Why come out here?
- I'm studying these Deldrimor structures for the Priory. Something seems to be missing, though. Part of the mechanism isn't functioning. You haven't come across any odd objects recently, have you?
What kind of odd objects?
- Some sort of manual activation device, most likely. A crank or a lever, maybe? It's hard to tell, but that's my best guess.
Where would something like that be?
- If I knew that, I'd be done by now. The dredge may be a good place to start. They often take Deldrimor parts for their projects. Though dealing with them may take some...creative persuasion, let's say.
- I see. Thanks for the tip.
- I'll keep my eyes open.
- No. I'll let you know if I do, though.
- Very well. So well, in fact, I'd best get back to them.
- The second part of this event can yield a large number of Bone Shard drops for an organized party and be repeated if several players all have the necessary trigger artifact.