From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Afgar is the master at Afgar's Steading. He tells a lot of stories for those who like to hear them.
- Welcome to my lodge. Is there something you need?
I'm looking for information about the area.
- Well, I can certainly help you with that. There are minotaurs, frost wurms, jotun... Tons of adventure to be found! What more could anyone want?
I'd like to hear more about
- They're big, tough, hairy and they mostly stick to the west. Not much more to say about them.
- Got it, thanks!
- Frost wurms, huh?
- Ah, the frost wurms. Listen close, now. There are more to them than the local small fry would lead you to believe. Out west, past Lyon's little farm, there's a sight to behold! I'm not boring you, am I?
No, please continue.
- Excellent! So, the wurms out west are much bigger than ours. I've heard of a wurm big enough to eat ten norn whole! The tales are rare and the survivors rarer-frost wurms don't cook, ha!-but I believe them.
- Interesting. Maybe I'll check it out.
Tell me about the
- The jotun around here are in a pretty sorry state, if you ask me. Something drove them from their homes, and all that's left are some stragglers to the south.
Driven from their homes?
- Yes. Some metal things on the lake killed most of them. Those who weren't killed and didn't want to leave came here. Those metal creatures are tough, though. Not as tough as a norn, but a fair hunt.
Tell me more about these metal creatures.
- Well, nobody's sure where they come from, but they're certainly driving the Priory mad with curiosity. Me, I don't care where they're from. I just care that they're formidable foes!
- Thanks for the info. I'll be off now.
- No, I'm fine.
- Not right now, thanks.
- During Defend Afgar's Steading from the steam creatures
- Hey, help me protect the lodge!
- Right, let's drive them off!
- Upon failing Defend Afgar's Steading from the steam creatures
- Sorry, no time to talk right now. I'm a little busy.
What happened here?
- Those metal beasts happened here. Stupid things swarmed down from the lake and destroyed my lodge,
Don't you want revenge?
- Maybe I do, but rebuilding my lodge is more important. I'd rather do that than waste time chasing down those...whatever they are.
- Good for you.
- That's too bad.
- I'll leave you to it, then.