From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
— In-game description
- The triggered skill is Static Discharge.
- A bolt of lightning is released directly to the selected target, when using skills with a targeting system such as Surprise Shot or Throw Wrench.
- A bolt of lightning is released to the direction the character is currently looking at, when using skills without a targeting system such as Reconstruction Field or Detection Pulse. To prevent shooting your bolt into the ground, stand still and start using an auto attack before using such a tool belt skill. This causes the engineer to face the target directly.
- A bolt of lightning is released to the targeted location, when using skills with a groundtargeting system such as Grenade Barrage or Med Pack Drop.
- Works as expected with sequence skills such as Mine Field; each activation of a tool belt skill will trigger the trait.
- Since the Heart of Thorns expansion, this trait no longer causes queue interrupts after using a tool belt skill.
- Since the Heart of Thorns expansion, this trait no longer has two different Static Discharges, one stronger than the other, for different tool belt skill under special circumstances.
For a detailed trait history, see here.
|June 23, 2015|| Specialization update:
|May 20, 2014||
|August 28, 2012|| Game release: