So about the edit you made here, I have a few questions. First off what do you mean by "secondary version"? And also are you certain it's a bug? Can one version be attuned and the other not? From what I've seen, it is an anomaly since neither can be attuned, and this seems to be by design. -Darqam 21:42, 22 December 2016 (UTC)
- Hey, thank you for writing to me. There are two versions of the ring because one uses a different icon, and I only know of the second version because I have it. It can not be an anomaly because the function of ascended rings are that they should be able to be attuned and infused. It is a bug to the mechanic; to my knowledge, a bug doesn't have to mean coding that does not work. Foxman525 23:34, 22 December 2016 (UTC)
- So when you say 2nd version, which one do you mean? The one with HoT stats, or the one without them? There is no established Version1 and version 2. As for bug or not. Well you could say that the item itself is a bug according to what you say since you acquire it via merchant as an INFUSED ring. No other place does this (I think). So really, best guess is that they put in this ring with a 'free' infusion slot, at the cost that you can't attune it. Do I agree with this? Not really but it's not my place to say. This ring is unique to the others for quite a few reasons, so I think it's really tough to say one of it's behavior is a bug, versus just something we players didn't expect. -Darqam 00:25, 23 December 2016 (UTC)
- The icon that appears to me in the vendor tab is the one with HoT stats, and it is the one I have which is the Blood Ruby Band icon; I don not know where the icon comes from that is on the page currently.
- I really don't care what we label the issue as; The two notes needed to be separated is all I wanted. But, we really do not know whether it is either an anomaly or a bug. Here is where my mind goes though.
- Ascended items and specifically trinkets have no use in PvP.
- Ascended items first and foremost use is for Fractals.
- Why would this be the only Asc ring so far in the game to not be able to be Attuned?
- Why would it even come Infused if it can not be Attuned?
- To me it looks like a bug. Foxman525 01:59, 23 December 2016 (UTC)
- Ok, so we pretty much agree on everything except naming the damn thing an anomaly or a bug. The only issue I have with qualifying the no attunement as a bug, is that if we do, then the whole damn ring itself should be considered a bug given it's no non-infused. Unfortunately, anet is really really really bad at being consistent (Like hella bad). So for me, this ring is just another example of that inconsistency and therefore an anomaly to what we expect. If, however, this ring is intended to be infused by the devs, but currently fails to do so; then it would be a bug. -Darqam 02:26, 23 December 2016 (UTC)
- No, let's just keep it an anomaly for now; it does work as an infused item and has two infusion slots. The icon is what's weird. It's the item Mist Band (Infused) but uses the Blood Ruby Band icon... It appears this way in both the vendor and after I selected an HoT stat combo Viper's. I do not know where we are getting the current icon for Mist Band (Infused) Foxman525 02:34, 23 December 2016 (UTC)
- That icon is actually the one for the non-HoT stats. I made the decision to put those new images up there instead of the re-used ones since it seemed more appropriate to me to put an icon that had been made for it, rather than a re-used one; however the anomaly made note of the discrepancy. The concern was originally brought up for the armor as well ([], where it was noticed that there are 2 versions of everything that vendor sells, one for HoT owners, and one for those who don't. It was decided to leave them as one page with simply notes stating the oddness of the items.
- Granted there really wasn't much talk, so if you disagree or have a an alternate suggestion, please do bring it up. I suggested the quick and easy way out; but maybe that wasn't the best. -Darqam 02:42, 23 December 2016 (UTC)
Anyways, I just found some people on the GW2 Forums saying the same thing that this is a bug, and that none of the items from that vendor can interact with the Mystic Forge. But, then again we still do not have an official saying it was intended or not yet. I suppose the icons really don't matter, but it definitely is confusing even with the notes saying there are two versions. Foxman525 02:47, 23 December 2016 (UTC)
Mist Ascended Item Icons
Do you think we could add a Subject on each of the pages with the anomaly note combined with the second icons or another item info box template above it or on the side? Foxman525 22:32, 23 December 2016 (UTC)
Two things, pages are usually archived if they are extremely long, not if they are very old, if the latter was the case, we'd have to archive nearly all of the talk pages on the wiki. Second, in case something does need to be archived, I'm gonna quote Vent here: "Generally speaking, it's better to move a page when creating an archive for it as it saves the editing history (and all of that juicy stuff)", and afterwards we usually leave the most recent entry on the page that got archived. Just a heads up. =) - Doodleplex 23:52, 16 February 2017 (UTC)
- Old pages can be archived; there's no real rule against it. If it's almost 5 years old, then it's most likely very detached from the present info or game. Also as far as I'm aware of, I do not have the ability to move pages Foxman525 00:04, 17 February 2017 (UTC)
- They can be, but I believe the standard here is to only archive main space talk pages that are very long, not very old; users can archive their own talk pages as often as they like. Also you should be able to move pages and files even via the tab on the top of the page, it should be next to "history". - Doodleplex 00:10, 17 February 2017 (UTC)
- Yes, I see the move option now; I probably just never used it before and forgot about it. Foxman525 00:14, 17 February 2017 (UTC)
So I very well might be wrong, but I think your edit is incorrect. Doesn't the way you have it imply that this item is also unique but can still be double equipped? The item is not unique, which is why it can be double equipped. The note should make it clear that the anomaly is this item NOT being unique, and therefor being possible to double equip it.
Now if you correction says that, then my bad, but that wasn't what I understood from it. -Darqam 22:17, 4 March 2017 (UTC)