Editing Note: Bothing Illusionary Warlock and Chaos Armor are listed as weapon slot 4 (one of them should be weapon slot 3). Just noticed this after the beta weekend is over, so I cannot verify and correct. Devorak 00:14, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
- Illusionary Warlock is skill number 3; thanks for the catch! Redshift 00:16, 12 June 2012 (UTC)
Worst phantasm ever
seriously?, the mesmer can only apply like.....7 conditions at once if they use skill 1,4, and 5 at the same time, even then it's for a short time. consider that for some ungodly reason, an enemy has all 11 conditions, this phantasm by default would deal only about 150 damage, that's quite rubbish for a phantasm. --Rapid Sausage 23:58, 9 September 2012 (UTC)
- nevermind, i checked damage values ingame, it seems the damage in the skill description doesn't update with changes in stats.--Rapid Sausage 00:11, 10 September 2012 (UTC)
I took some data regarding the activation time of this skill. From cast start to appearance of phantasm was an average of 0.79s. However, the time from the start of the cast time to the start of the next queued cast time was 1.30s. I am removing the bug note regarding cast time, since:
- The cast time is approximately similar to the length of other 0.75 activation time skills (no hard data to back this up).
- The cast time is approximately similar to tooltip value in terms of when the phantasm appears.
- There aren't really any accepted standards of what, precisely, constitutes activation time, so I'm hesitant to call the extra half a second a bug. For all I know there is always a half a second or so from one cast to using next skill. ~ Capric 01:03, 9 October 2012 (UTC)
I tried the Phantasmal Warlock skill various times ingame and though it states ¾ of a second, I noticed it took approximately 2 seconds longer for the phantasm to appear.
- The targets were Bandit Highwayman, Plains Wurm Hatchling at Queensdale's using a Asura (level 15, however I do not believe the race and level was anything to do with it).
- Currently at the time with no latency and 100 FPS.
- No other spells nor skill as such were used before or after.
- This has appeared to happen on a Europe server.
- As far as hard evidence, there is none and how can I. A simple screen-shot would not show this. Only that I know how to count to 2 seconds and also be able to time it using a stop watch. (No dis-respect intended).
- I can only suggest anyone that reads this tries the spell on a single lone target without using any other skills before or after. ~ Spellbreaker 10:45, 9 October 2012 (UTC)
- The apparition appears nigh immediately after casting the skill has finished, often appearing from behind the caster and running forward a short distance until they start attacking the target, though it can appear immediately within suitable range as well and start attacking straight away. Note that the skill activation time is not an indicator as to when the phantasm will perform its attack. Mediggo 10:58, 9 October 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for clearing that up Mediggo, even within the 1,200 range it does indeed seem to be that the closer to the enemy the faster the Phantasmal Warlock seems to appear. Concluded. ~ Spellbreaker 11:34, 9 October 2012 (UTC)
This phantasm spawns wielding a scepter I have yet to identify. All the other phantasms wield weapons that can be crafted in the mystic forge (see my gallery). Does anyone know what skin this is? --Kristofferus 00:04, 15 January 2013 (UTC)