Talk:Mystic Forge Stone

From Guild Wars 2 Wiki
Jump to navigationJump to search

I don't see this as being anything good...User Shamus McNasty Signature Image.png 23:10, 5 June 2012 (UTC)

Yeah, but it most likely isn't going to be anything shockingly bad either. Xiradesu 00:09, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
What is it, though? Y'know, so we can tell the article that much.--Xhosant 06:26, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
Thus far, I found a link suggesting (not stating) that it will appear in the gem store. Not much, but it sounds like this might be a real object. http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/uodjr/im_a_guild_wars_2_developer_ama_about_the_next/Torrenal 06:42, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
This thing isn't that awesome as far as I can tell. Three axes + this = lame speargun. Not exactly specially for me, zommoros. 173.32.57.176 20:42, 1 September 2012 (UTC)
Idunno, I used it with 3 rares (shield, staff and mace, I thin) and got a badass exocic warhorn called "kodanroar". I think this item just funtions as a replacement if you need a third item. -User Mikkelet Eme.jpgikkelet 19:06, 9 September 2012 (UTC)
A big thing is that 3 of them can be combined with a blue, green and yellow salvage kit to create a 250 use, yellow grade Mystic salvage kit121.215.159.237 14:03, 11 September 2012 (UTC)
Putting 3 exotic staffs and a mystic forge stone in the forge generated an exotic dagger. Therefore, the mechanics for this doesn't just mean one less item is needed, the stone itself is actually playing a role in the items generated.

Acquisition methods[edit]

Main page mentions daily achievements and personal storyline completion, but I don't have any of those and I've been through the whole story... 87.66.70.231 19:11, 14 September 2012 (UTC)

Yes, seems at least daily achievements is wrong. You get coins, but not stones. Story rewards might be true, haven't seen it yet though. 192.168.104.79 03:38, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
So how exactly do you get these mystic forge stones then (besides gems)? I haven't gotten one from storyline, pve (achievements), or pvp rewards of any kind. You also can't trade them since I haven't seen any on the TP? --76.113.26.110 17:43, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
No, you can get the mystic forge stone through daily achievements, I can vouch for that easily, with daily achievements you have a chance at a random Black Lion Trading Company item, I've gotten a few salvage kits and 2 bank portals, as well as 1 mystic forge stone from it.192.168.104.83 18:25, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
I can further confirm this. So far, I've had 2 daily achievements give me 1 Mystic Forge Stone as well as the Mystic Coin, money and XP rewards. User Radthor Dax Sig.png Radthor Dax 01:07, 25 September 2012 (UTC)
I got one of these at random as well for daily kill variety. 121.215.223.164 12:53, 9 October 2012 (UTC)
I've done daily achievement most days since release, and I just got my first Mystic Forge Stone. So you can get definitely get them from the daily reward, but I would say they are very rare. --124.169.132.216 09:36, 9 December 2012 (UTC)
I got one 12/31/2012 as a reward for daily achievements. Up to this point i have only gotten Forge coins. Yes, its Rare. 173.81.50.204 16:57, 1 January 2013 (UTC) Morbid Optics IGN
As above, I've been playing since the start, and got my first one today from daily completion. Puk 13:31, 8 January 2013 (UTC)
I've gotten 3 from dailies. It's random. —Dr Ishmael User Dr ishmael Diablo the chicken.png 13:59, 8 January 2013 (UTC)

I got 3 stones from daily. It's quite rare but possible.--Monolito 10:46, 10 February 2013 (UTC)

Plains Worm Queen[edit]

I find it hard to believe that the Plains Worm Queen would drop these. Can anybody confirm, and if confirmed, add it as a drop on her page? --24.20.89.236 08:44, 16 October 2013 (UTC)

Stones count as what they're paired with at exotic rarity?[edit]

So while a forge stone will act as a generic piece of equipment at lower rarities, I assume it follows the rules that exotics do and only functions as a weapon, armour or trinket when used with those? So using a MFstone with three exotic greatswords won't necessarily give another greatsword, but it will give an exotic weapon? I plan to test this myself as I (just casually, not grindingfully) forge things with all the stones that the achi chests are giving - but if other people would too (or already can definitely say if my assumption is correct) that'd be great! --Ch8ese (talk) 18:21, 12 July 2013 (UTC)

It functions as a wild card. Combine three L75 exotic axes + stone and you will get an L80 exotic trinket, armor, or weapon. Combine rare armor of L60, L70, and L80 and you will get an L75+ item, 80% chance it's rare, 20% exotic. If you salvage for ectos, the best economic value for the stones is creating mystic salvage kits. 75.37.17.102 18:44, 12 July 2013 (UTC)
For exotics, my experience has not shown it to be a wild card. 3 exotic weapons +forge stone = 1 exotic weapon. Likewise with armor. Have done this about 20 times now. 76.118.228.10 15:01, 7 August 2013 (UTC)
We really should change the information on this page to reflect more accurately the "wildcard" function of the stones. I recently asked an individual on the forums about this and he has shown examples in his posts that this is not true with rares and exotics. see: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/Clutch-Toilet-Plundering/first I don't know the full extent of this but it should be at least noted somehow on this page to avoid confusion. ~ Zero rogue x (talk) 16:09, 12 August 2013 (UTC)
I've attempted to clarify by rephrasing and putting in an example of each of the main combinations: all same, all same type, all different type. 75.37.18.22 16:42, 12 August 2013 (UTC)
So basically either use them for the Mystic Salvage Kit or use it with three rares that you find or buy the three cheapest lvl 75 rare weapons in the Trading Post. Would be a waste to use with three lvl 75-80 exotics of the same kind of weapon since it will reduce your chances of getting a precursor than a fourth lvl 75-80 exotic. -Cheapgamer 0:18, 23 February 2014 (UTC)
Also, the level of the resulting item is often below the level of the three items you throw into the forge. I used it multiple times with three level 80 exotics now, and a few times got a level 76 or level 78 exo back. I will stick to exos only from now on 46.223.168.100 16:50, 5 August 2015 (UTC)

Miniatures - Anomaly?[edit]

I just discovered that these stones don't work to replace a miniature in the forge. I'm thinking of adding a note to the page but wondering if it should be tagged as an anomaly? I'm actually not sure how to format that. 69.137.137.169 20:48, 5 December 2013 (UTC)

We do specify it works as an equipment substitute, so miniatures are not an anomaly. Tyndel (talk) 17:59, 5 August 2015 (UTC)

Thanks, Ventriloquist![edit]

That looks MUCH better than what I had. Thanks!!! Daddicus (talk)

Oh, I didn't really do anything. Chieftain Alex fixed a bug that wasn't allowing the template to display correctly, but now it's all good. —Ventriloquist 18:03, 21 October 2015 (UTC)

No longer available via the gem store?[edit]

I both searched for and scanned all the BLTP tabs for mystic forge stones, and they do not seem to be available via the gem store any more. Can someone confirm?

If not, we have some major renovation needed for this page. Daddicus (talk)

They're still there. Under the 'Special' tab - Manassas (talk) 09:24, 23 January 2016 (UTC)

Output level of exotics[edit]

Here it says "Three Level 75 exotic axes + 1 stone = same as four random Level 75 exotic weapons; result will be a Level 80 random exotic weapon.", but on the main page for the Mystic Forge "...in which case there is a chance of ending up with L75-80 weapons or armor respectively" - Does a MF Stone lead to a lvl 80 output when combining three lvl 75 exotics with a stone or is the informaation on the MF Stone page wrong? Lacrisma.1540 (talk) 11:52, 30 August 2018 (UTC)