Talk:Gift of Exploration
No other way to obtain?
So by default, you can only make 10 legendaries, assuming no characters are deleted. That's a bit of a bummer, not that I'll ever make more than 1 seeing as how it will take a couple years to accumulate all of that. 220.127.116.11 07:33, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
- You realize you can buy character slots, right...?192.168.104.82 22:44, 24 September 2012 (UTC)
- So you can keep buying character slots for $10 and getting 2 GoE each time (and all it takes is playing the same professions over and over). Great. If you want your characters to only have their main sets covered (so 2-4 weapons), then you only need to decide what characters will never be legendary. At least with the other Gifts, you can find a way to get them over and over, so long as your patience remains intact. With GoE, your out of luck. Hopefully they add a Mystic Forge recipe as well. WAZ 03:13, 28 September 2012 (UTC)
- You need to have one more character slot than the total # of "legendary" characters you want to have. When the character in the "extra" slot achieves world completion, drop the character and make a new one. There's not a limit (beyond time & patience) to the # of times you can do this. GSK 04:14, 11 February 2013 (UTC)
Do u need gift of exploration and weapon smith and armor smith on the same character? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 22:59, 14 February 2014 (UTC).
I would like to dispute the acquisiting. I just got 100% world completion and did not get any of these.192.168.104.83 18:49, 28 September 2012 (UTC)
- After some googling it seems there is a PoI in the chantry of secrets that isn't counted on the Map tallies so it could cause a lot of confusion and frustration.192.168.104.79 19:03, 28 September 2012 (UTC)
- World completion shows 100% even before you complete every single item on the list. ~ dragon legacy 22:59, 27 November 2013 (UTC)
So only 2 legendary max.......
So I can only get 2 legendary on a character max right......well I don't think most people could get even 1 so I am not complaining —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) at 19 November 2012 (UTC).
- As far as I can tell, you can create a new character which you can get 100% map completion with. The gems for a new character slot are minuscule in price in comarison to the lengendary itself, so that shouldn't be an issue either. 126.96.36.199 09:19, 28 November 2012 (UTC)
- I just finished 100% on a second character and indeed can confirm getting an extra set of gifts. —Sahjiarah 04:35, 29 December 2012 (UTC)
Account Bound or Soulbound?
Are Gifts of Exploration Account Bound or Soulbound? They combine with a Bloodstone Shard, which is Soulbound, so do I need world completion on the same character that also has 200 free skill points? -- Dashface 00:22, 4 February 2013 (UTC)
- The above posts suggest that you could create a new character just to get this gift, so by intuition, I'd think that they must be account bound to allow transfer of gifts between chars. -Chieftain Alex 00:50, 4 February 2013 (UTC)
Old vs New
As the Note states, they do not stack. New will say Account Bount, old will say Account Bound On Acquire. Put them in your inventory and travel to a new map. They will now stack. Saw this detail posted on Reddit. Wish I could give proper credit, but I do not remember or know who said it. Darwin Iznang (talk) 22:22, 23 March 2015 (UTC)
Now a crafting material
Noticed that these show as a crafting material for level 400 scribe. Does anyone know what for yet? Should be added to this page once the recipe is known... —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) at 20:41, 11 November 2015 (UTC).
- I doubt anyone knows what it's used for yet. Scribe is proving a contentious craft. Regardless, the Recipe template that's on this page will pick up whatever entry GoE appears in, so long as the page is properly made, so never fear :) SarielV 15:52, 13 November 2015 (UTC)
- it's for a tyrian globe decoration —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 04:55, 13 February 2017 (UTC).