Talk:Deluxe Gear Box
someone add asura champion from the great ouou event cause I am a wiki noob
More than one kind
I had 3 different kinds of "Deluxe Gear Boxes" in my pack after a night of adventuring. Two (non-stacking) are masterwork, four stacking are exotic, and I didn't check what the other group was.
Note that the entries I changed today were all from the unknown-rarity pile of boxes.
I'm not sure what to do. 3 pages, or one page for all 3?
But, for posterity, here are my greens:
4 linen scraps, a drip, a green trident, and 424 copper. 7 claws, a drip, a green weapon, 1 sprocket, and 469 copper.
Finally, the exotics:
1 molten core, 678 copper, 1 drip, 1 rare armor. 2 thick leather sections, 663 copper, 1 drip, 1 masterwork armor. 2 potent venom sacs, 566 copper, 1 drip, 1 MW weapon. 2 elaborate totems, 785 copper, 1 drip, 1 MW armor. Daddicus (talk)
- We know this, see Guild_Wars_2_Wiki_talk:Community_portal#Champion_rewards. —Dr Ishmael 00:41, 22 August 2013 (UTC)
I broke out 3 groups by rarity
I know we can't tell the two types of exotic apart (etc.), but at least we can pin them down by general rarity. So, I added 3 sections underneath the original.
- I LOVE the changes that were made. Thank you Father Eko! Daddicus (talk) 22:22, 24 August 2013 (UTC)
Exotic weapons from Exotic box versions
I've gotten Arc (twice), Levvi's Detector (twice) and Mecha Anchor (once) from the exotic version Deluxe Gear Boxes. I've never gotten an exotic weapon drop from the lower grade boxes. I think the current listing for obtaining the exotic weapons from masterwork gear boxes is incorrect. I'm moving that info into the exotic section. Please update the other boxes if evidence exists that lower grade boxes can also produce exotic weapons. --Kalendraf 14:21, 9 September 2013 (CDT)
- Me and some of my guildies did get exotic ones from non-exotic versions. But at least in my case, exotics only dropped from non-exotic bags dropped while playing with level 80 characters. Mecha Anchor from a masterwork one comes to mind. I really wish they added level indicators to these things to make easier to tell apart the variants, and know if my level 80 character got a level 80 version or version that drops at some other level range. Got my bank filled with countless copies of champion bags from several characters at different levels. At least telling them apart is much easier now thanks to the automated bank stacking. MithTalk 01:09, 15 September 2014 (UTC)
- The contents are determined when you open them and are affected by the level of the character opening them. It doesn't matter what level character received them as a drop, you can transfer them to a level 80 to make sure you have a chance at exotics. —Dr Ishmael 01:17, 15 September 2014 (UTC)
Why is this outdated? I've seen it's been outdated since 2014 -- has it been corrected? Can we remove the tag? --Faelys 18:19, 31 August 2016 (UTC)
- At a quick glance, the page still lists Scroll of Knowledge and Watchwork Sprockets as 'regular' rewards, so it still needs to be cleaned up/updated. —Ventriloquist 18:24, 31 August 2016 (UTC)