Scrapper is a term used to refer to any warband undergoing punishment duties usually assigned by the commanding centurion. A scrapper warband is commonly tasked with duties such as menial labor, salvaging, or otherwise tasks which are below the assignment of a normal warband. While scrapper is commonly a temporary position a warband endures, it can also be permanently applied as a label for any warband which is consistently insubordinate, unreliable, or troublesome. Charr are also relegated to a Scrapper position if deemed too dumb or injured for combat. Gladium are also sometimes relegated to this position.
These warbands are low within charr society and are commonly given little respect, with some even believing them to be crazed. While a gladium may be regarded as one without honor and sometimes looked upon with pity, a charr known as a scrapper is seen as an untrustworthy troublemaker. The term is also used as an insult to non-scrapper charr. Their way is to consider all objects found by them to be their belongings, and will only give up these objects through combat.
- ^ The Legions of the Charr
- ^ Mired Deep
- Laria Sharpeye: Scrappers, eh? The tribune has had some dealing with them. They can be a problem...undisciplined, unreliable, insubordinate. They're barely soldiers at all. [...]
- Rytlock Brimstone: Scrappers do grunt work. They're too dumb, insubordinate, or injured for the lines; so they salvage, carry dispatches, clean the dolyak pens...all the dirty jobs real soldiers won't touch.
- ^ a b c No Negotiations
- Elexus Shredskin: Remind me to thank you again for taking me. Used to be my only choices were Flame Legion, gladium, or scrapper. [...]
- Zemzer Undercut: I heard scrappers are all crazy. Anything special I should do to prepare? [...]
- Braugit: We never saw no chest! Besides, it's just a stupid broken key. It's not like it had your name on it. That makes it fair game.
- Isola: Shut up now, Braugit. Okay, soldier: you got us. But we found that chest fair and square, and we took what was inside. That's the scrapper's way.
- Isola: If you want it, you'll have to fight for it—that's the scrapper's way, too.
- ^ The Tribune's Call
- <Character name>: You there, scrapper. This place have Black Citadel brandy?
- ^ Annona Vinedrummer