Joshua "Josh" Davis, also known by his handle Grouch, is the Game Director on Guild Wars 2 at ArenaNet. His previous roles included Associate Global Brand Manager and Competitive Events Manager. Josh was primarily involved in the Structured PvP side of Guild Wars 2. He administrated official Guild Wars 2 sPvP tournaments, often co-casted the livestreams of the tournaments on the official Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel, and hosted the PvP-oriented biweekly livestream show Ready Up.
Even before joining ArenaNet, Josh was a major part of the Guild Wars 2 sPvP community. He hosted Guild Wars 2 Guru's monthly PvP podcast State of the Game. He was also one of the inaugural shoutcasters in the Authorized Shoutcaster Program.
- Game Director
- December 2021 – Present
- Head of Live Operations
- March 2021 – December 2021
- Global Brand Manager / Feature Team Product OwnerGlobal Brand Manager / Feature Team Product Owner
- July 2013 – December 2016
- PvP programmer Justin O'Dell revealed that Josh's matchmaking rating (MMR) was in the top 2 percentile as of February 6, 2015.
- ArenaNet Studio Update: The Future of Guild Wars 2, GuildWars2.com
- The future of Guild Wars 2: ArenaNet announces return of Season 1, and teases next expansion, PCGamer.com
- ^ ArenaNet Studio Update: July 2021, GuildWars2.com
- ^ ArenaNet Studio Update: The Future of Guild Wars 2, GuildWars2.com
- ^ The future of Guild Wars 2: ArenaNet announces return of Season 1, and teases next expansion, PCGamer.com
- ^ Post by Justin O'Dell, Guild Wars 2 Forums