I have no fear that the result of our experiment will be that men may be trusted to govern themselves without a master.
— Thomas Jefferson
Hi Bullshizle, welcome to the wiki! (I sadly don't know for how long you've been lurking here, since your first edit seems to originate from the 16th (which is today)) thanks for creating the Morgaah Bloodseeker page, it's amazing! I would kindly like to ask you to sign your comments though, using ~~~~ Thanks in advance! --The Holy Dragons 11:13, 16 April 2012 (UTC)
You are correct I'm very new too Wiki and never created any pages or edited before, therefore I have also no idea how to reply you and I hope that editing this page will be enough. Thank you for you comment about my page I just updated and I'll edit it more if I have new information. I can understand I need to sign my pages but how should this be done in a correct way please ?
Ok, I found out that I just had to use Bullshizle 11:33, 16 April 2012 (UTC) to sign my page, Thanks I learned something new !
A small guide!
- Thanks for replying earlier on Bullshizle!
- as I've noticed you're having some difficulties I'll give you a small guide to help you start up your wiki experiences!
- first of all the signing, which you've seemed to master now, indeed it's just using the button (saying: your signature with a timestamp)
- or by typing the ~~~~ (for a signature with a timestamp) or ~~~ (for a signature without a timestamp)
when editing always try to have this chart in mind:
- as you see when watching my edit in edit mode you'll notice that I used a '' : '' in front of every sentence, this is called indenting, which is also used to reply. example given:
- We have noticed Logan is a guardian, should we change this page to reflect it? -- user 1
- :Yes we should, in a matter of fact I will change it right now. -- user 2
- ::Thank you very much user 2! -- user 1
- which will result in:
We have noticed Logan is a guardian, should we change this page to reflect it? -- user 1
- Yes we should, in a matter of fact I will change it right now. -- user 2
- Thank you very much user 2! -- user 1
- and so on.
- Linking is done by using brackets ([[ ]]) so a link to Logan Thackeray's page would look like this, Logan Thackeray.
- if it's your intention to link to a page without showing the page's name. As in: That human guy shown in Arenanet's MMo Manifesto. where you'd want to link ''That Human Guy'' to Logan.
- is done by using this code: [[Logan Thackeray|That Human Guy]] which will be seen like That Human Guy in non edit mode.
- You're able to create pages using the create page link you'll get when searching for your page in the search box, (example, you're looking for a page called picnic basket.
- If you do you'll get this message if you've used the search box: There were no results matching the query. Create the page "Picnic Basket" on this wiki!
- Where the word Picnic Basket will be a red-link, after clicking that link you'll be able to create the page called Picnic Basket.
- you're of course also able to create the link yourself using the linking-brackets.
- I hope this guide will help you through the labyrinth that is this wiki, and if you're ever having any problems again don't mind asking me, I'll be glad to reply as often as possible.
- I'm also very sorry if I told you things you already knew yourself (seeing you've already made a page), which I know I have.
- kind regards, Holy. --The Holy Dragons 13:17, 16 April 2012 (UTC)
- Hey Bull, your talk page is getting pretty crowded already!
- Anyhow I came to tell you that I've moved your signature picture to File:User_Bullshizle_B.png and would thus like to ask you to change your signature in your preferences as well! Thank you very much --The Holy Dragons 14:13, 16 April 2012 (UTC)
I was doing some maintenance-like work on the wiki and I came across a confusing conflict. Daemonspell Lake and Etheron Hills appear to have a multitude of names (all submitted by yourself) and I was wondering if you could help me (or us) understand why there are so many different names for seemingly the same zones. Thanks in advance!
Happy wiki-ing! - Infinite - talk 11:54, 30 May 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry for the notice, but I have since found out what exactly was going on there. Sorry, I'm a bit of a Borderlands newbie due to my complete lack of PvP during the beta. Happy wiki-ing nonetheless! :) - Infinite - talk 12:15, 30 May 2012 (UTC)
- I'm happy it's sorted out then ; ) Kind Regards, Bullshizle