Talk:Whisper's Secret weapons
Always wanted to use that word in anger, but I digress. Is this precisely the in-game term? If so, it may require siccing. Whispers Secret Weapons, sure. Whispers' Secret Weapons, not really but arguably possible. Whisper's Secret Weapons? No - unless they belong to somebody called Whisper. — snograt 11:58, 14 November 2012 (UTC)
- I'd like further clarification on the in-game name of these weapons; might have to move this page back to Whisperer's weapons. --Chieftain Alex 09:44, 15 November 2012 (UTC)
- The prefix is correct sadly.--Relyk 10:40, 15 November 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, it's the correct in-game name. And what exactly is with the unnecessary hostility? I'm talking about "lets not be retarded mate" from your revision history notes. Is it because I didn't pluralize "weapons" and instead made it match the existing pages? And what about "some immense fuckwit moved only this page already, so all images & pages need moving too?" from your user talk page? Is this what someone who is learning wiki editing can expect, to be ostracized by way of condescending insults? Perhaps you should go insult the individual who moved the Vigil weapons page as well? Am I doing some irreversible harm by not moving all the images as well? god forbid I actually try to correct the name of a page that's been wrong for the past few months. All anyone needs to do is say "it's common practice/courtesy to also do X, which you can find out how to do here (page link)".
- There was actually a big stink on some other boards over why people don't contribute to the wiki and instead make their own websites. It's bad enough that there's a bit of a learning curve and there's little "profit" (selfish incentive) to add info to wikis, but add a hostile community to it? Why should anyone bother? If the major contributors and managers of this wiki feel their circle is being impeded upon by the idiot newbie scrubs who can't follow obvious directions and rules, then perhaps you folks should petition for a closed registration or vetting process. Nevermind the fact that either of you could've confirmed these weapon names in game yourself or used a web search or a site like GW2DB. tanpopo 10:50, 15 November 2012 (UTC)
- You need a character affiliated with the Order of Whisperers and second-hand information shouldn't be used to verify in-game information. It's not common practice to pluralize weapon set names. Alex is just popping veins because while he's waiting for more consensus on moving pages, people are adding new pages with the current practice. He's not attacking you directly.--Relyk 11:05, 15 November 2012 (UTC)
- I don't really see how GW2DB or web searches bringing up this exact term are any less second-hand than you saying "it's correct," but whatever, that's not the issue. I was "not attacked directly" despite insults tied directly to my actions, sure I buy that. Even more sensible is that I can't see any way that I actually increased anyone's workload. Honestly, no offense intended here: As far as I know this is a completely volunteer, unpaid effort. If something as simple as the letter "S" is causing you to lose your shit and lash out at honest contributions, take a goddamn break! I can guarantee you that very, very few people outside of the editors here care whether the names are pluralized as long as they can find the info they need, so it's not worth losing your mental health over it. Strangely, I now feel scammed or even dirty for my contributions here, even though they've cost me little but my personal time. Pretty awesome! Anyways, that's enough of that. I'm sure people don't come to this talk page for this. tanpopo 11:41, 15 November 2012 (UTC)
- Look, when you move about 500 pages, you do get pretty peeved if it turns out someone had listed the name super incorrectly at the start. That you corrected it is fine, but I cba remedying the individual weapons. --Chieftain Alex 08:10, 23 November 2012 (UTC)
- Good question, there are two pages for each type of weapon, one for the level 80 version, and another for the level 30 story version. These weapons have different "set" parameters given in their infoboxes, but this has probably been broken since my edit in June 2018.
- I think the best way to resolve this would be to use one of the item variant templates and merge the almost-duplicated pages. -Chieftain Alex 11:53, 15 February 2020 (UTC)
- Tolkyria has replaced the gallery template with something that looks for skins instead of pages. I'm going to be lazy and not merge any of the pages. -Chieftain Alex 17:06, 15 February 2020 (UTC)