I recently added a shortcut that shortens the route to chest 2 quite considerably. I thought my instructions were a little confusing so I made a 30 second clip. The link keeps getting removed, so I am assuming linking videos is not allowed. I am hoping they are allowed in the discussion thread though. Shortcut
There's an additional shortcut when you take the first one. I tried to write a section about it, but I cannot upload images. I'll post it here along with the images' links, and a certified user could review and upload it.
"You can also skip the third chest altogether, and continue from the eighth step of the next section, towards the fourth chest. This requires a leap skill, or skills like the Masmer's Blink.
After executing the first shortcut and landing on the roof, you can jump down to a plank to your left and reach the end of the roof there. Then, use a leap to reach the tower and stand next to the drain. Log out to the character selection screen and log in to find yourself at the top of the tower."
Why dont the pictures here have the minimap on it? That could be really helpful to show the position on the map. I dont really understand why sbd took up the work to avoid this helpful information from showing up. similarly helpful would be a pic of the map an the ideal/easiest way to stash n(1-4) marked maybe in 4 diff colors.. Because if there are multiple ways to get to point X, knowing WHERE exactly that point is, even marking it with alt is really helpful if one may start from a different point..
- And having all pics be during the day would also help, to make the paths and geometry clearer
Can someone who has completed this add the number of Empyreal Fragments that are received, please? Thanks! Daddicus (talk)al
- I don't think there's a set number of fragments. ♥ Flakkenmarsh (talk) 00:55, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
Would someone please review / edit the shortcut section I added. I'm sure there's a better way of explaining or showing it. ♥ Flakkenmarsh (talk) 00:55, 13 July 2015 (UTC)
- I rewrote it a bit and moved it into the spoiler section. I'm still not sure if we should put void jumping into the guide, since it's essentially abusing a glitch and definitely not intended; but whatever, I shouldn't be the one talking, considering that it did come in handy when taking the screenshots. :) 13:05, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
Only keys 1+2+3 needed?
I can combine keys 1+2+3 to the master key, when clicking #1. So key #4 is not needed. Can anyone confirm this?
- Confirmed. Didn't need the fourth key to create the master key. taco1932 (talk) 10:53, 18 October 2015 (UTC)
- As of a couple days ago, fragment 4 is still not needed to combine the complete key ~soup 05:05, 16 February 2020 (UTC)
Has the introduction of gliding in Tyria created any shortcuts?
I noticed that, in the first part of the puzzle anyway, gliding is not disabled, and it made me wonder how far one could get with a glider.
- I haven't played much with it, but you can climb on top of the TP building (via the last jump pad), then glide onto the top of the grand piazza, then straight over to the first chest. You should be able to skip more if you try. -Chieftain Alex 23:05, 30 May 2016 (UTC)
- You could skip straight to the fourth chest before gliders were added anyway. Though for all intents and purposes that requires a targeted leap like Jump Shot because one of the jumps is only technically possible to make (and you need some leaps to get there in the first place) --Gimmethegepgun (talk) 23:11, 30 May 2016 (UTC)
- The shortcut route from the ground to the fourth chest can be done entirely without gliding or mounts or leaps merely by having swiftness to jump further.. once you're on the roof of the crafting area. The crafters roof can also be reached by shadow stepping up from the rock instead of using a leap. ~soup 05:46, 16 February 2020 (UTC)
I found a shortcut!
So there's already a few shortcuts listed, but I don't think this one is (unless I misinterpreted some of the pictures). I believe this shortcut requires the "Lean Techniques" mastery. Here's a video showing the shortcut: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uV00OBgxxU Elementalist Owner (talk) 22:13, 14 February 2017 (UTC)
- Now looking at it more closely, I see the shortcut under the "third chest" section is a bit similar to this one, and it also may not require gliding masteries. That might be a better shortcut to keep on the page. Elementalist Owner (talk) 22:30, 14 February 2017 (UTC)
There are no flying or mount restrictions. I have recently used the PoF bunny mount to jump to all the chests. The bunny completely bypasses an otherwise challenging jumping puzzle.
"Climb on top of the beams holding the netting, and then jump onto the net suspended in the air."
Part of the guide detailing a shortcut to reach the fourth chest, the latter net referenced above would appear to have been removed. The shortcut is still possible, through the use of a glider to bypass the nets entirely.
I am new to wiki and wanted to help, I added a bit in the 3rd chest shortcut and added a temporary image, if anyone can provide a better image or a better edit, that would be most helpful. I discovered this new shortcut out of desperation to cut the agony since i kept falling off the puzzle xd. 9/17/2022 Hive123jinx (talk) 16:05, 4 January 2023 (UTC)
- Looks like a good shortcut, I'll take a look and see if I can do this jump repeatably - if so, we can just bin the old steps (they look more confusing!). Also as you have an account you can upload the image to the wiki if you want. -Chieftain Alex 19:53, 4 January 2023 (UTC)