- I am pretty sure I read them all last night without logging off or anything like that, didn't even leave the area but I didn't get the achievement. I suspect it may be because I died to that champion separatist while doing it and Im going to try again without going near it to confirm thats why. ~Alright I did it again without dying, did not get it, dunno what is up with that 0_o, you dont have to read them in order do you?
I accidentally took the portal to Divinity's Reach but the books to read for the achievement have not been resetted. I only had to read the remaining books.
I found that #18 isn't where map indicates. Its actually between #10 and the merch just south of 10 in a nook up on the wall accessible by jumping on the book carts in front of it. Maybe it got moved? I dunno. Lol, took a 1/2 hr to find it though.
I read all the books without logging out (or leaving the area), but nothing happened. I also don't see any Speedy Reader achievement anywhere in the Achievements window. Which section is it in, or has this achievement been removed? - Brian Kendig 03:54, 10 October 2012 (UTC)
- Never mind - I had missed one book, and reading it gave me the achievement! But I still don't see it listed anywhere in the game under Achievements. Is it listed somewhere? - Brian Kendig 03:57, 10 October 2012 (UTC)
- "While the pop up includes the Explorer image this achievement is not listed in the hero panel even after completion." ninestories
How to check?
I've run through EH twice now grabbing all 20 books, all in one sitting, and never saw the achievement pop. Is there a way for me to verify if I got this achievement or not? --Musha 05:49, 8 December 2012 (UTC)
- doesn't look like it--Relyk 07:28, 8 December 2012 (UTC)
Tested Multiple Times Using Multiple Accounts
I did read all the books and got no achievement. So I looked at my achievement score (honestly I forgot to do it beforehand) and went at it again. No change. This time I flipped through each book. No achievement. This time I did them in order AND flipped through each book. No achievement. Someone questioned if speed is an issue; I can assure you that it is not. My engineer has permanent Swiftness through traits. Someone else questioned if it was race related; I can assure you that it is not. I grabbed the first human guild member volunteer (forced them to participate) and lead them personally through all 20 books; this time I remembered to check their achievement points beforehand... no change, no achievement.I would not be posting here if I had not done all this as an extra measure to make sure I did not mess up. So not only did I do it on two different characters four different times, I also had a guild member try too. Nothing. Removed maybe? I don't know, I just decided to post this just in case there were others getting frustrated from doing it and not getting the achievement; you are not alone in this matter. - Mursi X 1:44, 11 January 2013
- I also readed all books in order and did't get achievement. I think ANet removed this achievement when they split Explorer to Explorer and Jumping Puzzles. Dorid The Blue (talk) 21:20, 15 January 2013 (UTC)
- Same here, I just did them all in order and no achievement. 126.96.36.199 19:25, 27 January 2013 (UTC)
- Order doesn't matter. I also didn't get it the first time through, then I got it about halfway through my second run. —Dr Ishmael 19:37, 27 January 2013 (UTC)
- Did you do your second run at the same time or did you log out and come back later? I just did my first run (random order; flipped through each book to the end) and didn't get the achievement. - Asrial 20:49, 1 February 2013 (UTC)
The status pre-BotvW update
This achievement could be achieved in the first months after release. Somewhere in december it was no longer possible to obtain this achievement. This was not listed in any update notes and its unsure if it was done on purpose or that the achievement was bugged. Now with the update after the 9th it is back. I am not sure if people who talked to all the books in between got the achievement now retroactivly. I'll Know one person who did so I'll check with her later today. Till we know exactly what happened with the achievement between december 2012 and july 2013 I am against an note bout when you could get it. 188.8.131.52 10:51, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
- A guild mate of mine who completed the achievement back in november but didn't get the reward then was awarded it retroactively after the patch--TahiriVeila (talk) 16:39, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
- had a crash after reading 1-17, returned later just doing 18-20 and got the achievement, so it seems the description of doing it at the same day is true and it doesn't need to be done in one session. [[184.108.40.206 17:04, 7 October 2013 (UTC)]]
Clicking on any book doesn't appear to change the status of this accomplishment for me. It still says I read no book, even if I read it slowly or fast, regardless of the race. I did this a while ago. Yes4me (talk) 17:25, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
- I think it's because you have to read them all in one sitting. If you were to read a book, log off, come back later, it would have to undo your progress on the progress bar. I'm guessing they don't have the achievements programed to allow this, so they went with a simple all-or-nothing approach. --Thervold (talk) 17:32, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
The article currently states "interacting with each of the books without leaving the zone". This is not accurate. I read a few books, left, returned, and finished reading the remainder of the books. I was then awarded the achievement. I assume the actual time frame is as stated in game, which is 'within one day', (using the time Daily achievement resets.) For all of those that didn't get it, keep track of which ones you've read. You probably just missed one. Quazarjim (talk) 14:13, 23 November 2013 (UTC)
- If you do them in order, this isn't a problem. It will take a bit extra time, but so much easier to keep track. --Musha 21:05, 23 November 2013 (UTC)