Talk:Sigil of Fire
Does this blast originate from the character or the target crit/hit?--192.168.104.82 14:14, 4 October 2012 (UTC)
- Target. —Dr Ishmael 14:28, 4 October 2012 (UTC)
How much damage does it do on average? I can't deal with these foggy descriptions. --184.108.40.206 15:10, 12 October 2012 (UTC)
- Damage seems to be something close to a fireball, but slightly above. Since it scales with power, I would say that the skill coefficient is ~1.0. For comparison, fireball is 0.85. Check Damage if you don't know what I'm talking about.
- On an additional note, I believe this is a better sigil than Superior Sigil of Force when you have a high enough crit chance. It equals around 12% increase (procs 12 times in 100 hits because of the 5-second cooldown) in damage, while the Sigil of Force is a flat 5%.220.127.116.11 01:20, 14 October 2012 (UTC)
Does anyone know if the blast can crit?Illiander 10:12, 4 November 2012 (UTC)
- I have never seen the blast crit. The damage varies a little bit. It's typically ~950 for a berserker build character. Okuza 12:12, 2 December 2012 (UTC)
What is the approximate radius of the AoE Blast? -- 18.104.22.168 18:57, 4 December 2012 (UTC)
Does damage vary with sigil rarity, or is the only difference between them the proc chance? 22.214.171.124 17:22, 20 March 2013 (UTC)
- Just proc chance. 126.96.36.199 14:23, 21 September 2013 (UTC)
Is the table missing a level requirement or can you use the superior Sigil regardless of level? 188.8.131.52 14:23, 21 September 2013 (UTC)
Does the Flame Blast trigger "Combo Finisher Blast" Effects? --184.108.40.206 13:55, 29 December 2013 (UTC)
No effect underwater?
Scrolling back after a long stint of underwater combat, I don't see a single Fireblast in my combat log. It's typically every 5s on land. This seems odd, because there are aquatic weapons "of fire" that come with this sigil pre-installed. Okuza 12:12, 2 December 2012 (UTC)
Can this only we obtained already attached to weapons? There is no information in the wiki about crafting these. 220.127.116.11 14:11, 19 September 2015 (UTC)
Flame Blast damage coefficient change
In sPvP (and presumably elsewhere), some months ago, fire and air sigil had their damage coefficients nerfed. Many people realized this, and many changed their fire sigil to blood sigil, as it outputted more damage. I did some testing and updated the coefficient.
The skill damage coefficient algorithm: (damage dealt * armor) / (weapon damage * power)
Tested with a berserker mesmer, with greatsword, on the heavy golem. Fire sigil reported the following numbers: 535, 544, 555, 552, 562, 516, 559, 521, 548, 541, 548, 541, 553, 555, 521, 547, 544, 562, 516, 535, 522, which averages to 542.7.
Target golem has 2597 armor, my mesmer had 2375 power, and the greatsword has an average weapon damage of 1047.5.
What this all means - the damage coefficient for flame blast is now 0.565 (give or take a small amount, which would get closer to the actual coefficient if the damage dealt was tested more), in comparison to the previous 0.85 coefficient. Timebomb (talk) 03:21, 1 October 2015 (UTC)
- To anyone looking at this after my revert back to 0.85, the guy mistakenly used the weapon strength of his equipped weapon in the formula. These sigils use the unequipped value of 690.5, which can be demonstrated in that 690.5 / 1047.5 = 0.565 / 0.85 Towelcat (talk) 02:32, 30 July 2016 (UTC)
Despite being named Sigil of Fire, it doesn't apply burning? Is this correct? Perhaps it should be mentioned on the page? 18.104.22.168 14:27, 9 February 2021 (UTC)