Talk:Permanent Hair Stylist Contract
Add Endless Repair Contract to the See Also? - —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
Documenting Where It Didn't Come From
99.9999% of the time, the wiki's purpose is to document the game (and how it is played), not how people would like it or imagine it to be. In extreme circumstances, the wiki should adapt and explain what isn't (and has never been) in the game. I think this item fits that exception:
- There was only one source, the Wintersday Mystery Box, an item so similar to the BL Chest that we document its contents on the Black Lion Chest article.
- The wiki listed the BL chest as a source for ages.
- The rumor that BL chests dropped the contract have been pernicious and in part fueled by this wiki's inaccurate documentation.
Accordingly, I think it's appropriate that we include a note in the article stating that the contracts do not drop from BL chests, to help reduce confusion on this topic. I'm not tied to how I phrased the note, so long as any rephrasing retains a clear & unambiguous statement.
On a related note, I also took the step of breaking another wiki convention, by mentioning the market supply for the item. In this case, I think it's important to note that this item stopped being available on the TP since Dec 2013; omitting this info would be, I feel, a disservice to the community. (Admittedly, it's possible that the item went on sale multiple times and was snapped up before the TP tracking sites captured the change — the note could be rephrased to reflect that. But that would be misleading, since, for all practical purposes, the item can't be bought on the TP.) I feel less strongly about keeping this note (or about its current wording), but I would encourage other editors to consider that there is no other item that get this much attention and yet is never seen in the TP. – Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 09:49, 25 July 2014 (UTC)
Just dropped a contract in a black lion chest..how can i upload a screen shot? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) at 22:44, 7 May 2016 (UTC).
- You can create an account on the wiki first, and then upload it (a link to do so will be on the menu to the left). Thanks! G R E E N E R 22:50, 7 May 2016 (UTC)
I hope it works! It's in german (as I am) :)
—The preceding unsigned comment was added by Joonas (talk • contribs) at 00:55, 8 May 2016 (UTC).
- Thanks very much! G R E E N E R 02:28, 8 May 2016 (UTC)