Talk:Master of Consecrations
How long is longer?
How long is 'longer'? Gnarf 17:04, 27 July 2012 (UTC)
Testing in WvW, appears to be zero longer actually...--184.108.40.206 02:06, 23 September 2012 (UTC)
- Is this really 50 percent as in this wiki article mentioned? To me it felt only like 20 percent... the 10 seconds skills like 12 seconds. But description still showed 10 seconds. Cooldown recuction working corretcly(also 20 percent and showing at tooltip). - 220.127.116.11 18:55, 21 October 2012 (UTC)
its duration 20 or 25% as of this patch.Jesae 12:31, 31 October 2012 (UTC)
Measuring increased duration
Tested in PvP lobby (due to ease of removing traits). Removed all equipment, including traits. With a stopwatch in hand observed the duration of the 4 consecration skills. Results (without/with trait), not including activation time (i.e. started as soon as effect was visible on the ground and stopped as soon as it disappeared):
- Sanctuary: 6.0/7.8 s
- Wall of Reflection: 9.8/11.8 s
- Purging Flames: 5.3/7.0 s
- Hallowed Ground: 10.0/12.0 s
This roughly corresponds to +2 sec, give or take measurement errors (repeated at least 5 times). It is highly unlikely that it's a % increase. --Alad 01:28, 5 May 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you for taking the time to post your results. I'm not sure I agree with the conclusions, so I hope this gets posted on the official forums to give ANet a chance to review.
- WoR has a listed base duration of 10s, but your measurements show 9.8. Could something else affect all of the durations?
- Both WoR and HG were increased by 20%, (11.76 is 120% of 9.8).
- Sanctuary's increase was only 1.8s. — I'm not ready to call that "2s give or take."
- Purging Flames base duration is 5s; tests showed 5.3. The MoC duration was 7s, so is that a 1.7s increase? a 2s increase? or is something fundamentally borked in the skill in the first place?
- Even the trait's description is ambiguous: "Consecration skills recharge 20% faster and last longer. " If the skill was intended to affect recharge rates by 20% and durations by 20%, it could have been written differently (e.g. Consecrations last 20% longer and recharge in 80% of the time is easier to measure). Or, as Alad implies, it could be that each skill is increased by a fixed amount unique to the skill.
- I think Alad's tests are sufficient at the moment to post on the various skill articles and it would be good to see a few other people test them, in PvE if possible — we know that in GW1, skills on the Isle of the Nameless didn't always work as they did in combat. At the very least, Alad's data will help set people's expectations better, i.e. the duration increase for two of the skills is notably more than 20%.
- Finally, @Alad: if you haven't already done so, could you post your results on the official forums? That could get a few other people looking into it and, I hope, get the attention of one of the ANet devs. At the least, they should rewrite the description for clarity, but maybe you have found a bug either in the trait itself or in some deeper mechanic. Thanks again for posting. – Tennessee Ernie Ford (TEF) 02:12, 5 May 2013 (UTC)
- You're welcome. If it was you (under an IP) who added all the "verify" tags, I'd appreciate it if you now removed them. Thanks. From experience timing things in games, I know that such measurements are never 100% accurate. There's my reaction time, ping time, server lag, as well as lags for the specific effect you're looking for to appear (and disappear), since those don't just suddenly show up, but sort of "fade in" into the scene. I think an error of +/- 0.25s is almost normal, because it could mean 0.125 sec at each of start and stop, and that's not much when you consider at least the reaction time. Ideally one should record using something like Fraps, then watch the recoding frame by frame. But that takes time and hardware that can do it without skipping frames (which I currently don't have).
- Besides small measurement errors, there are also errors in the skills themselves sometimes; weird timinigs, which I suppose are done for very technical reasons, if not outright bugs. The only bug I saw was that I didn't get a single extra burning pulse from Purging Flames with the trait, despite the longer time. Sometimes the bug is in our favor as well compared to the description, but it could be an anomaly in the description not in the skill's behavior.
- In short, I cannot affirm there's anything abnormal in the timings, and don't think those small differences are worth making a fuss about (except for the missing burning pulses which I have already reported). The 1.8 sec increase that I measured could very well be 2.0 sec in reality. You are welcome to post on the forums, though, and link to this page.
- As for unclear descriptions, I don't know how long you've been playing this game, but it's full of them. This is one of the things which gives value to this wiki. People discover undocumented (and intended) things about skills and traits, and report them here in the Notes sections. I have a feeling they never intended to make full descriptions of those things in-game. Leaving the description a bit hazy allows them to modify things either without telling us, or without having to modify the descriptions every time. At least that's my opinion. --Alad 02:56, 5 May 2013 (UTC)
- Relyk le video--Relyk ~ talk > 06:11, 5 May 2013 (UTC)
- Nice video Relyk :) I've made some as well now, but not enough yet. Are those pulses or seconds in the table? I get 11 pulses of Stability (as described in the tooltip) and 13 when traited. The timing on the outline of your Stability effect icon in the video is also strange. You get 10 pulses of stability (untraited) with the 9th one coming late and 11 pulses traited, with the 9th late also. I get very smooth timing (11 and 13 pulses at 1 sec intervals) while yours seem to stall as noted. My field disappears just at the 11th and 13th pulses (i.e. 10 sec and 12 sec), so I don't know what the 9 and 11 in your table are. Perhaps you have some extra boon duration that may be causing this? (I had none except the 10% from the trait). And that paragraph you wrote in the Notes doesn't make sense to me at all (I don't seem to understand what you write, sometimes :)). Be back as soon as I have more info. --Alad 05:15, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
- Relyk le video--Relyk ~ talk > 06:11, 5 May 2013 (UTC)
Bug Of Double Cast
What about the double cast if you remove trait before the battle?