Game status updates
From Guild Wars 2 WikiJump to navigationJump to search
04:05, 14 September 2012 (UTC)
- Account Security
- Hackers have lists of email addresses and passwords stolen from other games and web sites, and collected through spyware, and are systematically testing Guild Wars 2 looking for matching accounts. To protect yourself, use a strong, unique password for Guild Wars 2 that you've never used anywhere else! If your current password isn't unique to Guild Wars 2, change it today! Do not under any circumstances use the same password for Guild Wars 2 as you do for your email account.
- We now have a database of passwords used in hack attempts, and we don't allow users to choose those passwords. We require each new password to be a unique password that has never before been used or tested. New users are thus protected from accidentally using a password that hackers already know, and we strongly encourage existing users to change their passwords to ensure that they too are protected.
- See this article for more tips on choosing good passwords and keeping your account secure.
- Customer Support
- Our customer support team is prioritizing hacked accounts and other blocking login issues over other types of support requests.
- To reset a password or disable email authentication on your account, follow these instructions. Be sure to read all security guidelines before performing either of these steps.
- We're temporarily disabling account name changes for accounts with validated email addresses. Thus, users with validated email addresses whose accounts are hacked will in most cases be able to recover their own accounts using the reset password functionality linked above.
- Game Updates
- Check the forum links below for details on recent game updates.
- Update notes for September 14 update
- Update notes for September 9 update
- Update notes for September 8 update
- The September 14 update will be deployed tonight at midnight Seattle time.
- Gem Store Update
- We updated the gem store to enable players to delete their credit card on file, as well as to add additional security measures to prevent unwanted use of credit cards.
- Reporting exploits
- If you discover an emergency game-breaking or economy-breaking bug, do not exploit it, but please notify us immediately at this email address: exploits (at) arena (dot) net. You may also use this email address to report suspected security vulnerabilities. Thank you to everyone who has sent reports. However, note that we cannot respond individually to emails to this address.
- Worlds & Overflow
- We're increasing world capacity as necessary to handle all the new players coming into the game.
- During this initial surge of high concurrency, and especially while most characters are low-level and thus playing in the same starting areas, it's common for players to be directed to overflow servers. To play with a friend on a different overflow server, form a party together, then right-click on the friend's portrait in the party list and click "join". We expect the use of overflow servers to naturally subside as players spread out more through the world.
- Game updates for individual update notes