Double-click to salvage crafting materials from an item in your inventory. 10% chance of rarer materials. 20% chance of recovering upgrades. Requires 3 copper per use.
— In-game description
The Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic is an infinite use Basic Salvage Kit purchased from the Gem Store. Instead of having a set amount of charges when purchased, it has infinite charges, but requires 3 per use. For comparison, a normal Basic Salvage Kit costs 88 and comes with 25 uses, equating to 3.52 per use. The first time it is used to salvage something, and every few times thereafter, it will talk in a golem-like voice.
- "This is the only proper course."
- "We have completed the task at hand."
- "Threshold achieved."
- "Now I shall break you."
- "Power flow at 30%. Rerouting."
- "This is most remarkable."
- "Target destroyed."
- "Begin destruction protocol."
- "I was manufactured to the highest standards."
- Originally the item was Basic rarity and functioned exactly like a Basic Salvage Kit, however after the 26 November 2013 game update, the rarity was changed to Rare and users reported that it began functioning like a Master's Salvage Kit instead. The description remained unchanged, and it is uncertain if this was intentional behaviour. The item's rarity was changed back to Basic in a later update.
- The inventory icon for this item bears a strong resemblance to a slot machine.